Wanted ....K-90 Parts

srmumz

Cool that you both play.

So are you two suppossed to be there anytime in the future? I'll be in N.O. the next weekend till the following Friday.

Not sure right now, but probably not. We usually just go on mod-week days off when we have already rehearsed our stuff, which is pretty hard and not too cool for making money unless recently rehearsed. (Telemann duo flute sonatas and such)

The final decision is always strongly weather-affected since we are about three hours away from NOLA.

Also, we have done this for years. The bugles are merely a new twist to the equation. Since adopting them (which occurred in a post-Katrina world) things have been reeeeeeeal quiet down there. The "locals" sort of tune out most street players and typically do not listen or tip. It is very touristy, what we do; and there are not just a whole lot of tourists down there right now . . . or locals, for that matter, heh, heh, heh . . .

We were down there three times during the Christmas break and made very little money at all, despite the fact that we had some really prime busking real estate under our feet. We were sitting directly across from Cafe Du Monde where the carriages pick up riders, and we were pretty much alone each time for the whole day. We had one – ONE – desperate-looking street vendor run over set up his paintings right next to us as soon as we started playing. No one else was playing or selling in this usually bustling area. There were no "customers" for us to entertain. The Quarter was just plain dead, tourist-wise.

The Quarter will be back this summer; on that I am willing to bet good money. And so will we. But we will not be down there anytime in the next month or so to play. Though we might go for fun.

Sorry that we will not be there while you are in town, Dave. It would be cool to have a fellow DCP-er walk up and say hello to us. Anyway, the frenchie is very cool. We also have a King K-60 frenchie that works a bit better with my K-90. We will probably keep it and donate the DEG to our corps, since it is in excellent condition and worth having in the line. Still uncertain about this. But we currently own only mellophones for mid-range horns. I would like us to own a pair of frenchies and a pair of flugels. Oh well . . .

Cheers!!

Wade Rackley

Edited by Periphery

• 4 weeks later...
I am lloking at them now, both have the lead pipes,............one is missing a straight section of tubing,.............they need a real good cleaning, but otherwise seem to be in good condition,..........

Hey, Gary. How come you never got back to me about these? I emailed you several times about them and still need them.

And I am still getting the emails that we discussed recently.

Let me know about the K-90 stuff. I should be first in line for it. Remember? :blink:

Wade

Hey, Gary. How come you never got back to me about these? I emailed you several times about them and still need them.

And I am still getting the emails that we discussed recently.

Let me know about the K-90 stuff. I should be first in line for it. Remember? :lol:

Wade

PM me, I finally got my hands on them,........

Edited by Gary Matczak

PM me, I finally got my hands on them,........

PM sent. :rolleyes: