Wanted ....K-90 Parts

srmumz

Good Luck!!

Yeah . . .

I have been looking for the exact same thing for nearly a year now. I have posted here in three places repeatedly. The parts are out there, but the owners do not seem to want to part with them or do not read this board. Both are likely, and unfortunate.

I have been in contact with three people that have assured me that they have the parts, and then they disappear on me. ???? Oh well.

Wade

Yeh me to I have a good body looking for valves and the guy that can do the conversion it plays better than the 3valve Kanstul :worthy:

Hey Tim,

I sent the replacement today, per Joe's request. I sent it priority and insured, you should get it by Wednesday.

What other parts you looking for?

Edited by ravedodger

Hey Tim,

I sent the replacement today, per Joe's request. I sent it priority and insured, you should get it by Wednesday.

What other parts you looking for?

Hey, Dave,

I bought a DEG French Horn from you last year. (Thanks!)

Maybe you can help me. I need at least one complete K-90 valve section, meaning the piston assy and both slides, complete.

Got one?

TIA, regardless of your answer. (I know that my request is an odd one . . . )

Wade Rackley

I wish I had a valve section to help you with.

The valve I sent Tim is from a contra that belongs to the Kingsmen Alumni Corps. The valve will probably return to it's original horn (which still works) when Tim finds a replacement.

So is the frenchie getting any use?

Edited by ravedodger

So is the frenchie getting any use?

Not in the corps, but as a street duo. We both play for a living. The wife is a french hornist and I am the tubist full time with the local orchestra. I play contra in my local Sr. Corps but she has one of those "marching wrecks your chops" attitudes. ( I chip away at that a little bit each day.)

We play in the streets of the French Quarter whenever we can get down there. We have two books of duets for two valved frenchie and contra that I arranged shortly after I made my purchase from you.

They do not play like our symphony instruments (of course) but if they are stolen or damaged we are out very little money. If either happened to her Rauch horn or my Alexander tuba we sould be out of jobs pretty much.

I keep trying to get her to join the Generals. Maybe one day . . .

:(

Edited by Periphery

Cool that you both play.

So are you two suppossed to be there anytime in the future? I'll be in N.O. the next weekend till the following Friday.