This Never Happened in Drum Corps

"Never Happened, Won't happen":

With Apologies to Yogi Berra.

The Holy Name Cadets-Garfield Cadets never won the VFW Nationals. They (Nor will anyone else) ever win it now, as the contest is long deceased.

The Hawthorne Caballeros never won the VFW Senior National title. They (Nor will anyone else) ever win it now, as contest is long deceased.

Feel free to add to this thread.

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

I don't believe the Cabs ever had a VFW sponsor. The last Senior VFW Champion, that I know of, was the Reading Buccaneers, who won it three consecutive years, 1960. 1961 and 1962.

Ray

"Not VFW":

You are most likely correct. The "Only" senior corps to win 'Both" Veterans Senior National Championships was the Reilly Raiders. Among the juniors are Chicago Cavaliers, St Vincents Cadets, and Blessed Sacrament. Archer Epler, as a "Junior Corps" won a Veterans Nationals, then as a "senior" corps won another one in 1954. I believe they are the only drum corps that can make this claim.

Elphaba

"Not VFW":

You are most likely correct. The "Only" senior corps to win 'Both" Veterans Senior National Championships was the Reilly Raiders. Among the juniors are Chicago Cavaliers, St Vincents Cadets, and Blessed Sacrament. Archer Epler, as a "Junior Corps" won a Veterans Nationals, then as a "senior" corps won another one in 1954. I believe they are the only drum corps that can make this claim.

Elphaba

Hummmmmmm! Verrrrrrry Interesssssssttting! Hi Elphie!