Announcements/News

Well, it's the end of the 2006 Offseason for DCPI. We set out on our first ever tour thinking we would grow as people and as a corps and settle ourselves into a nice rhythm and spot in the DCPI world. Well, we accomplished that very and much more this year. In fact, we ended up finding ourselves finishing 8th! White Stars are very very pleased and proud of what we've been able to do this year, and can't wait to get the wheels rolling again on our next show season.

We would also like to extend congratulations and much thanks to all the other corps, especially the FANFARE members, for helping us grow and get settled in. Much thanks goes to Matt Smith, director of Emerald Regime and Tri-Color, for showing me the ropes of DCPI and Shannon of Mystre (congratulations on another ring bud!) for helping me along as well. We couldn't have done it without you guys!

That being said, we have some business to take care of and some major news and announcements for you all.

As of today, we will be moving the White Stars from Colorado Springs, CO up the road to join our brothers the Blue Angels in Denver, CO. We will be housing our same offices together in the same multi-story office building/bingo hall. We feel that by bringing these two corps together will help unify the groups under one family and will save us much money. Also, we feel that having both corps in the Denver, the largest city in Colorado will make transportation easier and cheaper for our out of state members. (This season alone, we had members from England, Japan, and Canada along with members from over 20 states)

As Matt Smith announced earlier, we will be taking control of the Division II finalist corps Bleu Knights. The Bleu Knights will be joining our family and competing in the live season under the direction of Matt Smith once again, but come the 2007 off-season, they will be under our complete control. We graciously accept the charge of this wonderful group and with the help of Matt and the Tri-Color organizations we will continue to help this corps grow. Their main offices will continue to be based in Boise, ID and the corps will still operate out of Boise. We feel having a corps in another main city in the Intermountain West is a smart move and it will help our presence grow.

As of today, BAYMA (Blue Angels Youth Music Association) shall now be known as IWYMA (Intermountain West Youth Music Association) to encompass the addition of Bleu Knights into our family and the image of a family based upon stimulating the growth of the marching arts for young people all across the Intermountain West (Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, and Nevada).

Finally, I will not be fielding White Stars and Blue Angels this upcoming summer season due to the fact that I would be in absence the entire season while I march in the real DCI. (If you want to know where I march, ask me, because I can't really tell here). So, I will be returning for the offseason of 2007 and then taking the 2007 summer season off as well for my age out year. After that, we'll see what happens.

Anyways, we're now headed back to Colorado. We dismissed the corps for the final time of 2007 this morning after our banquet and there were many tears and goodbyes, but we're all ready to go home and can't wait to step off that bus with the knowledge we are DCPI finalists. A great legacy is just beginning, so stay tuned while we work on our 2007 offseason program! It will be another exciting one we promise!