Prairie Sound Drum & Corps Open House.

How did things go?

Inquiring minds want to know.

And the answer is....?

font][font=Arial]

Things didn't go as well as we hoped. We had 5 Bugle Players and 2 Color Guard. The bright side was, we improved on our playing quite a bit and the two guard members got some flag and rifle spinning time in. :laugh:

I hoped to be further along by this time of the year but we did start from scratch in January.

I will be handing out Priarie Sound flyers at the DCI Classic showing at the Olathe AMC Theatre which is about two miles from my house. Maybe we can drum up some interest. We hope to have 10 Bugle players, Six Color Guard and half dozen drummers or so as regulars by August.

I'd put up a pic or two but I have not found a way to put jpgs on this site yet.

Thanks for the cyber support out there.

Jeff,

Prairie Sound.

So in other words, 7 people to start with...

Gee... I know another corps that started out in a very similar fashion...

(Keep the faith. Everything has to start somewhere.)

-And, for all you people who know and love drum corps and live out in the middle of nowhere, WHERE WERE YOU? You should be joining these fine people and making something happen out there!

Jeff,

Keep up the good work. It will happen. When we raise Sky Ryders's alumni, you should get a boost of interest. Let's return to the good old days of nothin' but pure hard drum corps. C'mon Kansas and Missouri people, make it happen. You guys made Sky Ryders in the early '80s. Do it again. :rolleyes: