DCI Atlanta ticket fee's

Anyone attempted to purchase tickets for this show yet? I went to purchase them last night and apparently Ticketmaster is handling the tickets for that show. No problem, right? Not so much. For two tickets it would have been almost an extra $18 dollars in fees! $7.25 each ticket plus $3.35 for no reason, if I remember correctly. Anyone else find that a bit extreme/unnecessary?

Brandon =]

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the same for Indy tickets. :( There is really no way around it so I ordered both Atlanta and Indy tickets that way. Oh-well

I'm confused... :whistle: Why can't you order them from DCI.org? They deal with ticketmaster now? What a bummer..they always charge excessive fees. Is there anyway you can order them directly from the box office where the show is and pick up the tickets without the service fees?

Why didn' t you just go through dci.org?

Well it isn't totally DCI's fault. Ticketmaster has exclusive rights to all Georgia Dome ticketed functions. Indy may be the same way...I'm not sure. It sucks...but I went ahead and bought tickets. This should be one helluva show!

I don't see how some of Ticketmaster's fees are legal. Talk about excessive! I went to a show in Atlanta this winter, and the fees from Ticketmaster made my tickets nearly 40% higher.

Well it isn't totally DCI's fault. Ticketmaster has exclusive rights to all Georgia Dome ticketed functions. Indy may be the same way...I'm not sure. It sucks...but I went ahead and bought tickets. This should be one helluva show!

This is the first year that I have had to order Indy tickets through Ticketmaster. I also don't like how the Ticketmaster site seems to randomly pick seats....where the DCI site always starts on the 50 yardline to find the best available. :whistle:

Okay, I just went to dci's website to find the answer to my question.

I know I will NOT be going to this show even if I changed my mind at the last minute, like I've been known too.

Why in the world did they set this up with ticket master? Why didn't they just keep it like they had been doing it?

Edited by Lancerlady

I wonder is this some kind of experiment they're doing with selling tickets through ticketmaster? I just don't understand the change. It's really inconvenient as a customer that they want to go somewhere that charges such outrageous service fees and doesn't give you the opportunity to select the seating you want.

I just don't get this...at all.............. :whistle: I checked all the other major shows and they too are set up through ticketmaster.

Edited by Lancerlady

Ticketmaster sucks. Poor customer service, poor seating choice, outragious fees. I am glad I wasn't planning on going to that show because I will NOT support ticketmaster. If ticketmaster comes north for DCI events I will not be a happy camper.

If DCI continues this trend and DC becomes more popular, please plan in advance for scalpers/brokers abusing the crappy ticketmaster system and having to pay 200% of "face value" for tickets from them.

EDIT: While we are at it, the seating charts on DCI.ORG stink. They show the 50 yard line, but don't show a relative yardline (endzone or 30 yardline would be good) so we can choose seats wisely.

Edited by jonnyboy