(6) Bugles Contrebass 2 pistons.

Raymondo

I have 6 Bugles Conterbass 2 pistons, in their case, used, for sale in good condition.

I ask $1000.00 each, not negociable, I will pay the shipping.

They come from an ancient drum corps located in Montreal, Qc. Canada.

Please contact me by email only. robidouxandre@yahoo.ca

Seller: Raymond Vallée

What make are these contrabases?

They are: "Deg II Contra Bass Grande Bugle" 2 pistons, silver, all in their respective case. (6)

:peek:

That seems odd since the term "Grande" is usually a Kanstul brand. DEG's are usually branded with the Magnum and Super Magnum label.

Also $1000 each for 2 valve contras? I've bought two 3 valve Super Mags in the past 6 months for $1200 each.

That seems odd since the term "Grande" is usually a Kanstul brand. DEG's are usually branded with the Magnum and Super Magnum label.

Also $1000 each for 2 valve contras? I've bought two 3 valve Super Mags in the past 6 months for $1200 each.

I know his price is crazy. No 2 valve Contra is worth 1000 dollars. I bought a Magnum 3 Valve for 1250 5 Months ago, and it was almost new..

I know his price is crazy. No 2 valve Contra is worth 1000 dollars. I bought a Magnum 3 Valve for 1250 5 Months ago, and it was almost new..

A DEG two banger in silver, with a hard case, in excellent condition will now go for about $750. Scratches, dents, and bare brass patches lower that price, as will the condition of the case (which many do not have anyway). An average looking, average playing DEG two piston contra with no case goes for about $400 to $500.

A chrome DEG in similar shape will net about $250 to $300.

A King K-90 in excellent condition with excellent plating and a properly functioning Ab slip slide (no case) will still net the owner over $1200. A K-90 in fairly rough shape with bad plating, broken braces and lots of dents can still get over $500.

There is not much of a market for two valved DEG contras, even in silver, even with cases, unless they are in nearly new condition. Even then, the price will be fairly low as the horns do not play all that well. A K-90 plays great and still can command a much higher price if the right buyer comes along. These can be converted to very nice playing three valved horns.

I am also concerned about the DEG "Grande" claim. This probably is a mistake on the seller's part since there is no such thing as a Grande model in the DEG line. Kanstul is the only company that has ever produced a contrabass with the moniker of "Grande" as far as I can remember. This is not to say that I am right. I am saying that this is odd . . .

Emailing photos is no good here. Post them. It is not that difficult to do, and someone here would be glad to help you if that is a concern here . . .

Maybe the DCP Freak Jury can help identify these horns more accurately.

Regardless, the price will get few, if any, bites from readers here. Maybe he has Kanstuls and just assumed that they were DEGs because they have only two valves . . . ? I would purchase at least one of these if they were Kanstul Grande model contras with cases at that price point. Just let me put my old Volvo up on Auto Trader!!

I agree with all of you guys. I have bought 16 G contras in the last 9 months including 10 K-90's (Thank you Renegades for 7 of them) and these prices are way out of whack and I don't know why the seller wouldn't want to post pics here to create some interest in selling these. The correct price for a Dynasty is in the $500 price range and I know the seller was willing to cover the cost of shipping and that brings the total to $575. These horns will never sell on ebay. A six horn deal has to be to drum corps people and not a onsey person on ebay.

Seller lower your price. To use the term "FIRM" won't fly here.

Of course we could all be wrong, sometimes we are. Not here though, the respondents before me know the market really well. Me, I haven't played since 1974.

Until now!