Baritone Silent Brass

BCC99Man

Do any of the Yamaha Silent Brass mutes fit a Dynasty M570 baritone? Next year I'll be living on a campus that has no music program, therefore no place to practice. Thanks

None of them fit that I know of. I did manage to rig a JoRal bass trombone practice mute to fit a baritone.

If you want a silent brass mute, you'll have to switch to Euphonium and use the Euph mute. The main issue is the taper of the mutes and the lack of taper in a baritone bell. The Euph mute is roughly 4"'s on the small side, which is too big to fit most baritones(and stay in the bell). And the bass trombone mute hits plastic to the bell before foam. You may be able to beef up the foam, but no stock practice mute fits a baritone that I know of.

In the case of the JoRal mute, I beefed it up with a bicycle innertube and electrical taped it on, then put some loops cut from the innertube around it to make a good seal. And sold it to a baritone player, since I had neigther a bass trombone or a baritone at the time.

I have a Dynasty Baritone with a Yamaha silent brass for trombone. I've fixed some foam around it to make it fit in the bell.

For me it works well. If you don't practice your horn moves the silent brass stays in the bell pretty good :)

• 2 weeks later...

or during a decent hour of the day you can go and find a closet or thicker walled room and practice there, I'm sure you could find something to do good luck