Troopers Headline

According to the article, D.C.I. = state Division of Criminal Investagations! b**bs

I saw that - I can't tell if the reporter didn't know what he was talking about or whether there is a Wyoming Dept of Criminal Investigations? I am a little concerned about the upcoming results from the IRS and how much $ Troopwers might still owe. Troopers need to get past these financial headached once and for all and start recruiting for a full Div 1 corps for 2007.

Jeff Pastor of CorpsVets e-mailed the author of the article, Tom Morton, and got back the following response:

We are still trying to figure out how the DCI/Drum Corps International/Division of Criminal Investigation happened.

I did not write "state Division of Criminal Investigation," and the city editor did not write it.

I am deeply sorry about this.

For what it's worth, rarely in my career have I had such support, suggestions, insight, leads, documents and all the other things reporters crave as I have worked on the Troopers story. The comments in the past seven months have given me great encouragement as a reporter and even more hope that the Troopers will come back stronger than ever.

So this "Division of Criminal Investigation" thing really bugs me.

Thanks for writing,

Tom Morton