Easter eggs on DVDs

I believe it was the equipment issues...copyright is copyright, regardless of country, so long as it's properly registered.

Obviously the issue was resolved for 82 finals, which were also in Montreal.

Actually, I think there was a conflict between Canadian and US radio and television workers' union rules. Not the kind of detail DCI would have had at the top of their minds back then. Its a real shame, whatever the reason is. Our performance at Whitewater was okay, but at Finals, we owned the place. It was a magical performance – and not just because I'm sentimental about my age-out year. Ask anyone who was there!

I can't believe that there are no high-camera recordings made by corps staffs out there which could be digitally synced with the re-mastered audio. (Yes, our staffs did have video cameras back then. I think they were kerosene powered. :P ) Anyway, any record of 1981 Finals would be of great historical value. Anyone . . . ?

Actually, I think there was a conflict between Canadian and US radio and television workers' union rules. Not the kind of detail DCI would have had at the top of their minds back then. Its a real shame, whatever the reason is. Our performance at Whitewater was okay, but at Finals, we owned the place. It was a magical performance – and not just because I'm sentimental about my age-out year. Ask anyone who was there!

I can't believe that there are no high-camera recordings made by corps staffs out there which could be digitally synced with the re-mastered audio. (Yes, our staffs did have video cameras back then. I think they were kerosene powered. :P ) Anyway, any record of 1981 Finals would be of great historical value. Anyone . . . ?

I do have our finals performance that our staff made. The quality isn't that great because of the low lighting. But I'm sure it can be fixed when I take the time to convert it to DVD.

I also have prelims of several corps as well.....unfortunately Phantom Reg. wasn't on there.