To my friends in the activity

I don't want to clog up this board, but this time it matters.

I have had the pleasure of meeting many of you through the years--especially on the sidelines at Allentown. I'm sure I have written about some characters who lurk on DCP, too.

After marching in the 60s and a professional music career in the 70s and 80s, I "rediscovered" drum corps in 1991, through the good graces of the kind and generous Kerry Knodle, pit tech for Phantom Regiment. I had already embarked upon a career in writing, so I faxed an article about my "epiphany" to Steve Vickers (another kind soul) at Drum Corps World. I have been writing for the magazine ever since.

I specialize in DCA, whose Finals I have had the privilege of covering for the last decade or so. I cannot begin to enumerate the number of wonderful people, devoted knuckleheads and bizarre devotees I have met in the last 16 seasons. Old friendships have been rekindled; new ones forged.

The skinny: My son, Dennis, is 11. He is a beautiful child. And he is autistic. Big-time autistic. He is happy, healthy ... and will always need assisted living. No dates, no proms, no driving, no independence--things we take for granted. I am reaching out to everyone in this amazing activity to see if they can help.

Just go to my website to participate.

Feel free to email me directly at ace@holleran.org for any details.

Thanks for reading--over the years and right now.

In the spirit,

could you maybe expand on what you mean by "help" as well?

financial stuff, volunteers for something etc?

I'm guessing once the link works, that might solve the problem, but for now I have no idea what we're being asked to help with really. :)

I'm the one who has had bizarre puter gremlins lately, but I had no problems linking.

To Ace and his family, I send out my most heartfelt sympathies. Autism is one tough cookie to be dealt in life.

strange. it won't load at all for me.... and I usually don't have computer gremlins. :laugh:

:angel:

It's the right link, however my hosting company seems to be experiencing a hiccough right now--I can't access my holleran.org email either.

www.holleran.org/denniswalk/

The idea is to contribute funds to Team Dennis for an Autism Walkathon on June 4.

Once the site is back up, try the link again (maybe Fri.evening), and you will see a photo, plus lionks to the Team Dennis site.

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and reading.