Boston's premier on 6/18... Anyone?

So did anyone make it up to NH to see Boston premier their show on 6/18? According to the discussion forum on their site they have a complete show including guard uniforms and flags and performed quite well. Below is a quote from their site.

Robert, no need for your concern. I saw the performance last night. The show is complete (music & drill) and even the color guard book is complete. Unlike many other corps this week, the guard already has their uniforms and, believe it or not, all their show flags.

I thought the corps was great last night----lots of musical and visual confidence. In fact, the whole package seems to me to be a mid-July level rather than mid-June. The only obviously "unfinished business" had to do with a prop restage that I believe is being ironed out today.

Overall, they are off to a great start, and it was great to see the whole corps gather in a tight group on the fifty, and sing Giant followed by one loud, LOUD "WE DON"T GAVA!"

I think you'll be pleased.

Craig

Edited by Brigadier80

I went to Boston's Camp performance on Sunday. The Boston Crusaders will be playing music that is inspired from a new and rising Women American Composer who is receiving increased national and international acclaim. The music is not readily melodic nor hummable per se, but it does seem to fit their visual component quite well. The show is more of a cerebral show than what one generally expects from a Boston Crusaders show which tends to be more of an emotional tug with most drum corps fans. Visually, this show has great potential in my view. The Corps seems to have solid talent across the board. How they'll do this year is anybody's guess. But the Corps certainly didn't lack for numbers, as they had over 60 brass, full percussion, and a large guard, and looked well prepared and ready to go for this time of year. Boston also looks like they won't be using vocals this year. They will use some rather large props to complement the visual. Apparently this is a work in progress with the corps and they will refine the props as the season unfolds, from what we were told. There also looked to have had a very slight uniform change ( buckled cross sash ) that seemed a nice touch to me. All in all, the Corps looked to be in very good shape here in June and spirits seemed high with the Corps. Hope this little bit of info helps!

Edited by X DM