APD Pricing

i think its to much because all someone does is sit and have something recorded

Allow me to quote myself from another thread:

at only $3, all of which goes directly to the corps? Heck yeah it's worth the price. The donation alone makes it worth it, let alone the APD you get out of it.

Honestly, what's one or two more dollars, when you know that it's one or two more dollars that Southwind can use to pay for gas? I'll admit, I'll listen to the Cavaliers far more than I'll listen to the Glassmen, but I bought all five available APD's at the same price, out of respect for every corps that hits the road each summer.

Charging less for the smaller corps is truly insulting to them. You are saying that their performances are discounted.

Whether right or wrong, you must shurley agree that a Cavies recording is going to sell more than a Pioneer recording. A discounted price would increase demand. The trick is finding the correct price to maximize profit.

I also want to add that I marched in a "lower" corps and I had no delusions about how many people wanted to watch/hear us. It's plainly evident when you compare how many people go to quarterfinals vs finals (or even quarters later in the day).

Edited by boilerman_05

Charging less for the smaller corps is truly insulting to them. You are saying that their performances are discounted.

I'm sorry you feel that way and I certainly did not mean to imply any devaluation of any particular corps program. I marched with people who came up through corps such as Pacific Crest and Pioneer. They were all outstanding members as well as people and I have the upmost respect for all corps except Madison (JUST KIDDING, don't kill me, i couldn't resist). If I insulted any members, staff, alums, volunteers, or family of members/alums/staff/volunteers, it was not representative of my feelings towards these corps and I am sorry.

I meant to make a suggestion that could possibly increase the revenues and almost certainly the viewership (listenership?) of corps that do not make finals.

I don't know anything about running a drum corps, but money = gas, food, staff, equipment, etc. and an audience = ticket sales and merchandise revenue = money (see equation 1 and refer to transitive property).

The only think I might do differently is used tiered pricing depending upon the point in the season the recording was made. I'd gladly pay a bit more for an August recording versus a June recording.

The only think I might do differently is used tiered pricing depending upon the point in the season the recording was made. I'd gladly pay a bit more for an August recording versus a June recording.

So would you say prices should be lower now, or higher later?

I'd be willing to start where they are now and pay more later in the year.

So you'll pay 99 cents for a song off of iTunes that is 2:30 to 4:00 long but you feel 1.99 or 2.99 is too much for around 11 minutes??? that math is a bit screwy... considering the corps gets all of the money.

So you'll pay 99 cents for a song off of iTunes that is 2:30 to 4:00 long but you feel 1.99 or 2.99 is too much for around 11 minutes??? that math is a bit screwy... considering the corps gets all of the money.

Who buys songs from iTunes? I'm not going to advertise for any other services, but I'll just say some places have prices $0.09/song

Who buys songs from iTunes? I'm not going to advertise for any other services, but I'll just say some places have prices $0.09/song

more then likely that is an overseas company working with overseas copyright laws... and technically thats illegal :worthy::ph34r: