Spirit 2006 = ...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really glad I started this thread.

i'm glad you started the thread also. It really feels good as an alumni to read such positive material about our corps on here and I hope that somehow the current performers can get a glimpse of it too cause there's nothing better than a documented testament to how enjoyable your show is. It's looking like a tough race to saturday night. I personally hope we can get back up to 9th or 10th, but just being there saturday night will be a great time too. :) In the end though, the numbers mean nothing, and it's all about how much you enjoy watching or listening to a specific show.

GO BABY BLUE!!!!!

oh yeah and BLOOOOO awesome show from the blooo team this year

• 2 weeks later...
Kudos to the kids ( they occasionally get to hear about this stuff on the road) and I am so pleased they have made the strides they have this year. The new brass guys, Chip Crotts, Ray Vasquez, as well as the techs, have done a good job of preparing these kids and giving them a solid bit of brass pedagogy to start their summer. The brass staff is making sure that the kids who experience Spirit this summer will return as better brass musicians. Not a bad way to spend your summer, huh?

Sometimes learning to play GREAT counts more than any score a judge gives.......they seem to have a big focus on Musician Development this year.....KUDOS to them......(and they are really loud this year)!

• 2 weeks later...

I know Spirit was only set up in the corner in San Antonio playing Georgia because of all the delays in starting the show, but thanks anyway to the baby-blue crew. :blink:

It was a great kickoff of to a very good time Saturday night and brought tears to an old geezer's eyes.