SPOT OPENINGS - Help

Back in 90 & 91, Jim Coates (back when he was with Crossmen) would always pull me aside at the Hershey, PA show, and tell me to go in to the stands and get my younger brother to join the corps to fill a horn spot... I'd refuse, but after the show Coates would find my brother and just say "Get on the bus".. Within a few minutes my brother would give in, and get on the bus with no luggage, sleeping bag, or anything. Too funny.

2 years in a row my mother had to drive a few hours home, pack all his stuff up, and meet the corps the following day (wherever we were going) to get my brother his gear for tour.

Good times.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome.... Most corps do a lot of drill changes, so learning the drill is usually a matter of being worked in as the changes are made. It is hard though to learn all of the music so quickly.... hopefully a good buddy system will allow someone to have some time to memorize & work with someone in the section to get it right.

Good Luck to him.... If only I was 31 years younger, lost a lot of weight, didn't have arthritis and could play the mellophone better..... Old age sucks! :P