SPOT OPENINGS - Help

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make that six times..... j.k :P

Gee thanks for telling the world I suck, even if it's true. But I still haven't seen you at a Royalaire practice Old Geezer - scared???? :P

Gee thanks for telling the world I suck, even if it's true. But I still haven't seen you at a Royalaire practice Old Geezer - scared???? :P

Heck no, I just don't want to let people see how much I suck !!! After all. it's been 28 years since I marched !!

I'll see you next week providing my wife is not working......seriously !! B)

Heck no, I just don't want to let people see how much I suck !!! After all. it's been 28 years since I marched !!

I'll see you next week providing my wife is not working......seriously !! B)

Hmmm - 24 years for me - you suck more than me!

Seriously, that will be great to have you come out. The line is smallish right now but growing steadily, putting out a lot of sound and tightening up. I think you'll have fun and another bari or contra would certainly be welcome! Unless you want to play snare - I need a couple of snares.....

Bring friends!

Oops - I'm :OT: again. Sorry - us old farts tend to wander when we talk......

So if we don't hear from the original poster in the next day or so we can assume he hopped on a bus?

I hope he has fun. Wish I could be that young again.......

I can positively confirm that this young man did in fact join the Blue Stars in Broken Arrow, OK, filling the open mellophone spot. When I saw the corps reherse in San Antonio, he had already learned almost half of the drill, and was working like a madman to learn the music. The Blue Stars also picked up a baritone in Broken Arrow to fill all remaining spots in the corps.

Awesome!

I don't know how you would do it. Show designs in Div 1 now are so complex. To learn the music, drill, visuals, make sure you're using the same technique for marching etc. You have to work your butt of to get into the show. Good luck to him - he's taken on one #### of a job.

Yeah, truly I doubt that he will be playing much of the music for awhile (in a show). And, even by the final show he might only be playing in spots.

Being able to march the show confidently is really the most important thing when filling a hole this late in the season. It takes some time to actually sound good while you're doing that.

I can positively confirm that this young man did in fact join the Blue Stars in Broken Arrow, OK, filling the open mellophone spot. When I saw the corps reherse in San Antonio, he had already learned almost half of the drill, and was working like a madman to learn the music. The Blue Stars also picked up a baritone in Broken Arrow to fill all remaining spots in the corps.

That's awesome! I was so hoping we'd see Blue Stars make finals in their first year back in D1, but making semis is no small feat and that looks likely. Congrats to them & their newest members!

That is great! Good for him!!

I joined late one year. Because of financial issues, I wasn't going to march in 91, and was planning to return for my age out year in 92. However, I stopped by warm ups to say hi before a show in July of 91. The instructor said to me "where's your bag???"- a guard spot opened up due to a knee injury. I didn't have a bag with me, so a few days later I met up with the corps and was able to march the majority of the season. Even though that spot was written out of the drum solo already, I was thrilled to be there and really didn't care how much of the show I marched. Catching up while on tour is not the best way to learn a show, but was absolutely worth it, and I have no regrets.

Very cool. I hope we hear back from him at the end of the season to find out how he did it!