Tupelo, MS - Bluecoats Brass

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone notice that Bluecoats actually beat BD in brass (by .10) in Tupelo? Has this ever happened before? Congratulations Bluecoats!

Yes. This happened several times last year.

Yes. This happened several times last year.

I wonder why though. I mean, I know that Bluecoats have a good hornline. I would just think that on most years, BD has one of the (if not the best) hornlines. Are they not as strong this year? I know they've been beaten by Cavies this yaer too...and by alot!

thoughts?

I wonder why though. I mean, I know that Bluecoats have a good hornline. I would just think that on most years, BD has one of the (if not the best) hornlines. Are they not as strong this year? I know they've been beaten by Cavies this yaer too...and by alot!

thoughts?

Could it be because Bluecoats horn line is just that good? (listening to 2005 Bluecoats now :rock: and thinking - yeah, they are that good!)

thoughts?

From APD's. . .I am not that impressed with BD as a top hornline. Coats are THAT good, IMO.

I would just think that on most years, BD has one of the (if not the best) hornlines. Are they not as strong this year?

My feeling is that the overall sound quality of the BD line this year isn't where it needs to be. I've said this before, but having tried Dynasty Bb instruments in the past (trumpets), I don't think the horns are helping much either.

This is not to say that nudging them out of top brass on any given night is an easy feat - Go Blooo! It also seems that the BD "new" formula for success in brass (arranging and methodology... I first noticed a shift in '94) isn't working as well as it used to.

I still love BD brass and I'm sure that plenty will disagree with me. Furthermore, there is still a great chance that BD will still win brass come finals. It sure is encouraging to see Bluecoats taking captions at that level though.

Edited by midwesternlull

My feeling is that the overall sound quality of the BD line this year isn't where it needs to be. I've said this before, but having tried Dynasty Bb instruments in the past (trumpets), I don't think the horns are helping much either.

This is not to say that nudging them out of top brass on any given night is an easy feat - Go Blooo! It also seems that the BD "new" formula for success in brass (arranging and methodology... I first noticed a shift in '94), isn't working as well as it used to.

I still love BD brass and I'm sure that plenty will disagree with me. Furthermore, there is still a great chance that BD will still win brass come finals. It sure is encouraging to see Bluecoats taking captions at that level though.

True. I agree with all of your points!

Here's to Bluecoats shakin' things up in Brass! And, for Phantom shakin' things up in Percussion this year! :mmm:

thoughts?

i went to there practice before battle creek and there hornline wasn't as good as it has been in past years