New London, CT

By the looks of the recap, St.Johns took a big hit in the brass performance caption (last place) Has anyone seen them? What's their brass ensemble like?

Unfortunately they only had 6 brass. Don't recall the breakdown. Could barely hear them at times. Pit was suprisingly good

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, It's a 3 way race for the top, Raiders, Impulse and Revo. Who knows how Yamato and Fever will figure into things too.

As for scores on the east coast, After seeing all of these corps 3 times now I'd say that once these corps head out this week and start facing different corps, the scoring may drop a few points and then go back up.

I think its more than the Raiders, Impulse, and revolution. The other corps are creeping up on revo... like citations are 2 points behind... its a freaking close race. and its getting to be wicked exciting! cant wait til the top 6 compete against each other. The outcome will be interesting.

Oh and how many of these shows have you seen? I havent seen impulse or revolution... but raiders are good and i have seen citations... they are just as good as last years champs.

I think its more than the Raiders, Impulse, and revolution. The other corps are creeping up on revo... like citations are 2 points behind... its a freaking close race. and its getting to be wicked exciting! cant wait til the top 6 compete against each other. The outcome will be interesting.

Oh and how many of these shows have you seen? I havent seen impulse or revolution... but raiders are good and i have seen citations... they are just as good as last years champs.

Well, I actually Saw Revo Last week and I've seen Raiders 3 times, Citations 3 times and HYPE Once plus the first show in Brockton. Citations as good as last years champs?????? Are you saying Citations will finish up with an 88 at the end of the season? Once they start doing the Focus shows, Corps Like Yamato, Cap Sound, Mystikal, Fever, Gold and Dutch Boy will really mix things up with the other corps.

Edited by CT-Horn

Well, I actually Saw Revo Last week and I've seen Raiders 3 times, Citations 3 times and HYPE Once plus the first show in Brockton. Citations as good as last years champs?????? Are you saying Citations will finish up with an 88 at the end of the season? Once they start doing the Focus shows, Corps Like Yamato, Cap Sound, Mystikal, Fever, Gold and Dutch Boy will really mix things up with the other corps.

I think so and the judges seem to think so... look at the scores...they keep closing the gap more and more. Just an observation... i think you are being decieved by the fact that citations were dead last 4 years ago and now they are a competeing corps.

I think so and the judges seem to think so... look at the scores...they keep closing the gap more and more. Just an observation... i think you are being decieved by the fact that citations were dead last 4 years ago and now they are a competeing corps.

Actually I think it's the fact that they compete against some weaker corps on the east coast and they score better. Once EVERYONE hits the midwest and Canada over the next week and a half you'll see the scores line up better. Don't be shocked if some of your favorite east coast corps drop 5-10 points they first time the meet corps from the midwest and west. That also goes the other way too. Michigan City will tell you who is who.

Actually I think it's the fact that they compete against some weaker corps on the east coast and they score better. Once EVERYONE hits the midwest and Canada over the next week and a half you'll see the scores line up better. Don't be shocked if some of your favorite east coast corps drop 5-10 points they first time the meet corps from the midwest and west. That also goes the other way too. Michigan City will tell you who is who.

This is so true! But dont say its because they are competing against other "Weaker corps" If that was the case and they were not that "great" then why are they so close to raiders?

<**>

Jeez, if you want to start a spitting war...I've heard that the West Coast judges all over inflate their scores. :P

<**>

Jeez, if you want to start a spitting war...I've heard that the West Coast judges all over inflate their scores. :P

Well, that was my point in a way. East Coast Score are one place, West are another and I don;t care if Revo is breaking 80 right now, they are not competing aginst anyone, they do shows as the only D3 corps because they are from Texas and there are not a lot of d3 shows out that way right now. Next week, east meets southwest meets west meets Canada and so on. Scores should drop 5-10 points the first couple of shows for some corps too.

excatly why would they be so close to raiders that were last years champs if they were competing against the weaker corps. maybe you just dont want to admit that citations actually has a chance this year..

A chance at what? Making the top 9 I'll give them that, but are you saying them winning the whole thing?????????