100 Greatest Drummers

WordRider

I'm going to go out on a limb here...the drummer for Meshuggah, Thomas Haake, is a sick sick dude. If you've never heard him, even if you don't like metal, you really should. The way Meshuggah uses polyrhythms is incredible. Ok, there's my plug for Swedish Metal. ^0^

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That site is good in that it gets people talking.

He didn't mention Rob Carson, DCI champ. I saw him demo-ing for Remo at PASIC in the early '80s. They had a snare with a shell that was super thick in the center and tapered at the edges. It projected well. Anyway, it was fun seeing him play close up.

I also would mention Matt Wilson, jazz drummer. I'm probably biased as I saw him in high school at the county solo and ensemble contest. Here's a link durmmer world

That site is good in that it gets people talking.

He didn't mention Rob Carson, DCI champ. I saw him demo-ing for Remo at PASIC in the early '80s. They had a snare with a shell that was super thick in the center and tapered at the edges. It projected well. Anyway, it was fun seeing him play close up.

I also would mention Matt Wilson, jazz drummer. I'm probably biased as I saw him in high school at the county solo and ensemble contest. Here's a link durmmer world

Welcome to DCP STLRocks and thanks for the link. :lol::music:

drumspiritTerrance