DCI venues

double post. ARGH! Stupid wireless internet...GAH!!!

(post count +1)

Edited by Wild Nights

Now lets think about Arrowhead Stadium for a minute....there's a reason it's got the reputation as the loudest stadium in the NFL. It's shaped like a giant cylinder. Now, I was but a wee lad when they last had finals there, so this is me guessing completely, but it seems like the acoustics would be terrible in there.

Actually, the accoustics were great. The weather inside, however, was a broiler that made Orlando feel like the AC was on.

I understand that they have replaced the fake turf with grass, which would make it a lot better both to march on and for sound.

Edited by Kamarag

Since i found google earth yesterday, I have been looking at various stadiums around the US, but 1 thing i have relised is that Madison is very central, the problem when you have it places like Boston , Pasodena a lot of people arent able to make finals due to the distance, so ideally shouldnt finals be held at Madison or a central state each year so that everyone doesnt have to travel far.

For the first time in its 34-year history, DCI will be held on the west coast and people are complaining about it. Did anybody have any sympathy for all of the California corps that have had to travel to the mid-west and east coast for DCI all these years?

California, finally, gets one bone thrown to it and now people want a permanent-"central location". Doesn't seem fair, especially considering California has produced, what, something like 18 DCI champions between the Blue Devils, SCV and Kingsmen?

How about a few more years of DCI west of Colorado, then we'll talk.

Edited by greggmanX-Kingsmen

Now lets think about Arrowhead Stadium for a minute....there's a reason it's got the reputation as the loudest stadium in the NFL. It's shaped like a giant cylinder. Now, I was but a wee lad when they last had finals there, so this is me guessing completely, but it seems like the acoustics would be terrible in there.
Sounds good to me :). Especially after reading the post about how the acoustics were actually quite good there. Edited by boilerman_05

Correct me if I am wrong, but Arrowhead's conversion from turf to natural grass is a major factor for Kansas City giving DCI the cold shoulder as far as ever returning.

Bayonne, NJ. More than 30 million people within a four hour drive.

Bayonne, NJ? I remember the first time we traveled east and competed in "beatuiful Bayonne." We nicknamed that show "Drums Across the Slums" while others in the corps called it "Drums Across the Warehouses." What a dump!