Congratulations, Div II and Div III!

I have just arrived back home after my extended road trip to Madison. My grandson and I took an extra few days to see some pretty spectacular sights and to do some camping and canoeing in the wilds. This way, I suppose, he does have some things to chatter at his parents about besides drum corps. Still, the first words out of his mouth after hugs and hellos was about how "awesome" the shows were. Well, more about that later. I’ll be doing a "Year in Review" post in a day or two, after I collect all my thoughts.

But first and foremost, I want to say a belated but sincere ...

Congratulations, to everyone who performed in the Division III and Division II shows! From Prelims to Semifinals to Finals, your dedication to excellence of performance in every corps is something we will remember for a long time. Thank you, one and all!

Congratulations, to the new champions:

Impulse ... From what I have seen of you in the last two years this well-earned success could not have happened to a nicer group of kids. My first impression of you last year was the corps from Taiwan standing and cheering for you, their new housing friends, as you took the field in Bridgeport. Right there, anyone could see what a really wonderful people you are. Your personality shined going on and coming off the field. This year your personality shined on the field, too. You also showed us how serious an effort you make to excel. In "Me, Myself and I," you took the score from the movie and turned it into something uniquely your own. Your drumline and front ensemble were rocking, your guard was tight, your hornline was mighty fine. You may have been smaller this year but you were mighty. Congratulation on earning the Division III World Championship!

Arizona Academy ... You came, we saw, you conquered. You won not only the championship, but many fans as well. It was a grand effort and performance. Your guard was beautiful, your front ensemble wonderful, your drumline fine and your hornline stellar. The last two and half minutes were thrilling. From what I have seen and heard, you also showed a lot of class. May you enjoy a long and memorable career in DCI. Congratulations on winning the Division II World Championship in your very first Finals!

I look forward to seeing all of you again next year and am already making plans for a trek to Pasedena.

Best wishes to everyone for the future and thank you all for a great summer!

Edited by oldguard

Congratulations! Well spoken oldguard. :worthy:

drumhumorTerrance