Enough with the innovation talk already

I do not understand how people call switching to Bb horns, amping most groups, larger corps, more props, singing, narration, drum speak as innovative.

About the only things that are innovative anymore are fancy drill moves that pail in comparison to what was written by Zingali and Brubaker anyways.

All of the above mentioned areas have been running wild in BOA and WGI for years.

True that drums corps often do these things at much higher levels than BOA, and many things stronger than WGI, although James Logan did do the Yowza show much better, but these things are NOT innovative.

They are new ideas to the activity, but that does not make them innovative. Maybe they are borrowed, but not innovative.

And this talk of evolution, drum corps has evolved in years, its simply brought over ideas from other activities. That is not evolution, that is borrowing.

Evolution was adding a grounded pit instead a marching pit, or adding numbers of valves because so that a horn could play in more keys. Making Bb ok simply meant intonation factors MIGHT be easier to deal with.

Anyways, flame away, I am off my soap box now.

Have a great day!