To DCP - Thanks

Disclaimer: this will be all cornball, feel-good stuff. Those who would be bored by such tripe may want to go on to read something way more interesting.

After a QUITE LONG absence from the activity, I began reading and eventually joining this forum about 6 months ago.

I came here to get some information and advice, to participate in some interesting discussion about the activity, and to get the word out about our new corps. As the season now winds down I have to say that, all things considered, the forum came through on all counts.

I also came away with a couple of things I hadn't expected. Some new friends and a fresh enthusiasm for the activity.

Someone has put together quite an impressive structure here , and should be commended for that. But like anywhere else, it's the people on the "planet" that make it what it is. (promised you cornball, didn't I?)

As a newbie to your forum, I just want to say that I appreciate all of the "posters" who went out of their way to make me feel at home and also to the many who responded to our calls for advice in putting together our new group.

Hope everyone has great success and fun at Rochester!

Welcome 'home' Tom. Thank you for your kind words. The 'real' magic of this site are the people of the community that participate in our forums .... offering their insight, advice, support, and assistance. Sure, things get a bit rowdy at times ..... but I take that as an indicator that most here are passionate about the activity we're here to discuss.

We're glad that you've found what you needed ....... in many different ways.

-john

Welcome 'home' Tom. Thank you for your kind words. The 'real' magic of this site are the people of the community that participate in our forums .... offering their insight, advice, support, and assistance. Sure, things get a bit rowdy at times ..... but I take that as an indicator that most here are passionate about the activity we're here to discuss.

We're glad that you've found what you needed ....... in many different ways.

-john

Actually found quite a lot.

Some very intelligent people with insightful, thoughtful and often hilarious points to make.

Very helpful people on the DCP "team".

And people involved in other corps' and mini-corps' who were quick to help a stranger trying to build something new.

It's not perfect, but well worth digging through the "other stuff" to get to.

And yes, there ia a lot a of passion. No matter where you stand there's "passion" here that will drive you over the brink. But, I agree, it's indicative of an activity that lives on it's passion. Probably couldn't have a DC site (certainly not a senior site) without it.

Edited by brassomaniac