Nice Broadcast. Thanks!

Thank you, DCI, Tom Blair and ESPN2 for a nice broadcast. I didn't care much for last year's version, but this time you got it right, given the 2-hour format. I really liked the brief "corps history/profile" lead-ins for each corps. The info-portions were well done. Educational. Informative.

Thank you, Steve R., for pointing out (there was a lot of yelling going on in this house) that members CAN CONTINUE after they age-out from DCI corps with all-age aka "senior" corps. The gal in the interview stated "it's all over" when you age out. (House erupted in "Nnnnoooooooo!!!!!) For all the effort that goes into recruiting for the all-age activity, so much can be undone by a simple "drum corps ends at 21" kind of statement on ESPN. I'm glad Steve "corrected" that. We quickly calmed down.

I'm going to share this tape (is that okay?) with a lot of people.

Well done!

One wish for the future: spend just 2 quick minutes educating the world on the WHOLE activity: DCI at all levels, with a nod to DCA All-Age and Alumni Corps, and WGI guard and drumlines. The big picture. The Complete Family. Cool?

Thanks!

- Dan Landbo