Have Corps Will Travel

Well lets see:

Seattle Cascades are moving down to the Oregon Border - (Sorry O Crusaders)

Crossmen are moving to Texas - (Sorry people in mid Atlantic States)

K. Kavaliers are moving to Miami - (Sorry Ontario, Canada)

And the Blue Stars are having try outs in IND., Minn., and Texas - (Sorry Wisconsin)

Boston does Pre season in Clearwater, FL. - (Sorry eastern Mass.)

If the Troopers move to Atlantic City. Would they still be the Troopers?

Edited by LucysSkylinerAlumni

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies are holding auditions in several major cities around the country also. Houston, TX, Chicago/Rosemont, IL, Atlanta, GA & DFW Metroplex.

With two Texas auditions, maybe another corps move to Texas in the future?

The conundrum continues....

It's a strange off-season for Drum Corps with all this moving about. If this keeps up, pretty soon we won't know who's from anywhere.

Well lets see:

Seattle Cascades are moving down to the Oregon Border - (Sorry O Crusaders)

Crossmen are moving to Texas - (Sorry people in mid Atlantic States)

K. Kavaliers are moving to Miami - (Sorry Ontario, Canada)

And the Blue Stars are having try outs in IND., Minn., and Texas - (Sorry Wisconsin)

Boston does Pre season in Clearwater, FL. - (Sorry eastern Mass.)

If the Troopers move to Atlantic City. Would they still be the Troopers?

Seattle Cascades are holding audition camps and winter camps in southern part of Washington. The Board of Director actvities are still in Seattle, WA. The corps name has not changed. Seattle Cascades will be the Seattle Cascades. The corps has had camps in Shorline Wa, Everett Wa, and numerous other places over the years.

Kiwanis Kavaliers and Boston Crusaders have been having camps in Florida for more than a few years now. If you wanted to be more specific about Kiwanis, they're moving to the other coast of Florida from the Ft. Myers area...Miami is about 2 hours away from there.

OK Ft Myers.

Miami, Key West, Ocala, or Yankeetown(look that one up). The point was MOVING.

Seattle Cascades are holding audition camps and winter camps in southern part of Washington. The Board of Director actvities are still in Seattle, WA. The corps name has not changed. Seattle Cascades will be the Seattle Cascades. The corps has had camps in Shorline Wa, Everett Wa, and numerous other places over the years.

To be more accurate, Scades will be holding one of their audition camps at the same location and on the same day that OC's audtion camp was suppose to be held. All of their winter camps will be held at what had been the home of the Oregon Crusaders for the last 2 1/2 years. :( :( :(

OK Ft Myers.

Miami, Key West, Ocala, or Yankeetown(look that one up). The point was MOVING.

My point is that I don't think it's a huge deal. I'm originally from Kitchener and it just happened Kiwanis had camps in the city I lived in after moving from Canada. When I go back and visit family and friends up North, some of them are baffled by this idea of a marching band or drum corps. The arts are not well funded up in Canada, or atleast in Ontario. Also, because of the fact that American football is not "the" sport of choice, it's more likely for a secondary school to not have a marching band. It's all about the hockey. The public middle school I would have gone to if I stayed in Canada past grade 3 didn't even have a band program. There was only a chorus.

I know there used to be many more drum corps in Kitchener because I have an aunt who marched with the Ventures. One of my cousins is playing her old bugle, but not in a band program because there isn't one. It's shame that this has happened over time. I'm pretty sure there's someone here that knows much more history about drum corps in Kitchener than I do. The only references I have are my personal experience. Kiwanis is probably in Florida for the sake of survival.

Things seem to be getting really tough everywhere everyone is trying to build the best corps

To be more accurate, Scades will be holding one of their audition camps at the same location and on the same day that OC's audtion camp was suppose to be held. All of their winter camps will be held at what had been the home of the Oregon Crusaders for the last 2 1/2 years. :( :( :(

Thanks Emerald. I should have noted that the first camp(s) were at the same place. I know this is a tough situation for everyone. I am here to chat if you want.