Empire Statesmen First Camp!

Wow, what an incredible way to start the 2007 season! Returning members and new faces started arriving at Mercy High School at around 11am on Saturday with an hour still to go before practice would get under way. At 12 we all filed into the auditorium to find out what the day and year would hold for us. Looking around me I could see that we were all trying our best to be patient , but without a doubt we were ready to get the new season underway.

The corps spent the next two days picking up where the 2006 season left off. New and veteran members came together to bring the Jerry Kelsey and Colin McNutt arrangements to life, laying the foundation for 2007 to be one of the most entertaining Statesmen shows to date. All who attended left feeling great about what we were able to accomplish for the first camp.

The Empire Statesmen will continue their pursuit of an incredible season in two weeks, November 25-26, once again in the friendly confines of Mercy High School. For more information visit our web site at www.statesmen.org

to be continued...........................................

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what an incredible way to start the 2007 season! Returning members and new faces started arriving at Mercy High School at around 11am on Saturday with an hour still to go before practice would get under way. At 12 we all filed into the auditorium to find out what the day and year would hold for us. Looking around me I could see that we were all trying our best to be patient , but without a doubt we were ready to get the new season underway.

The corps spent the next two days picking up where the 2006 season left off. New and veteran members came together to bring the Jerry Kelsey and Colin McNutt arrangements to life, laying the foundation for 2007 to be one of the most entertaining Statesmen shows to date. All who attended left feeling great about what we were able to accomplish for the first camp.

The Empire Statesmen will continue their pursuit of an incredible season in two weeks, November 25-26, once again in the friendly confines of Mercy High School. For more information visit our web site at www.statesmen.org

to be continued...........................................

What a great time we had.

Jerry has really outdone himself with the book this year. Those are some wicked high lead bari parts. Lots of meat! fun stuff! b**bs b**bs b**bs

Yeah, i had a blast. the camp was fun and I had a great time playing the great music that Mr. Kelesy had came up with!!!!!!!!

Edited by vibratojr

Yeah, i had a blast. the camp was fun and I had a great time playing the great music that Mr. Kelesy had came up with!!!!!!!!

Next camp will be here in an instant. I cannot wait!

More music - hopefully means more way cool parts.

Come check us out - it will be a great year. Lots of fun to be had as well as some very cool charts!

ES 07

What a great time we had.

Jerry has really outdone himself with the book this year. Those are some wicked high lead bari parts. Lots of meat! fun stuff! b**bs b**bs b**bs

Come one, come all!! The newest edition of the Empire Statesmen has (finally!) opened its doors for anyone who seeks to light up audiences everywhere.

At the just-completed camp, we got to test drive the first two charts out of the arranger's shop (the incomparable Jerry Kelsey), and they sound HOT! As Tammy said, our part was wicked high, but it (and everything else) is already sounding wicked good, too! (No more "left hand on the keyboard" parts - Yeah!) New charts will be forthcoming at each of the next few rehearsal weekends.

At the next Statesmen camp, YOU can get your groove on playing a SWEET book (how can you top Maynard Ferguson?) with some GREAT performers (including soloist Joe Pero - who actually played on tour with Maynard). Mercy High School in Rochester, NY, on Saturday, Nov. 25 @ 10AM. Be there! Come on, you know you want to.

"Say it loud, and there's music playing"

Edited by Dale Bari

Come one, come all!! The newest edition of the Empire Statesmen has (finally!) opened its doors for anyone who seeks to light up audiences everywhere.

At the just-completed camp, we got to test drive the first two charts out of the arranger's shop (the incomparable Jerry Kelsey), and they sound HOT! As Tammy said, our part was wicked high, but it (and everything else) is already sounding wicked good, too! (No more "left hand on the keyboard" parts - Yeah!) New charts will be forthcoming at each of the next few rehearsal weekends.

At the next Statesmen camp, YOU can get your groove on playing a SWEET book (how can you top Maynard Ferguson?) with some GREAT performers (including soloist Joe Pero - who actually played on tour with Maynard). Mercy High School in Rochester, NY, on Saturday, Nov. 25 @ 10AM. Be there! Come on, you know you want to.

"Say it loud, and there's music playing"

I cannot wait even 2 weeks to play some notes with 90 of my favorite musicians!

november 25 - hurry up and come!

Thank You everyone for this great weekend, and I'm proud to play with you this year.

See you in two week.

Marc-André

We are glad you had a good time. It should be a great year! Now you just need to bring my tall skinny Mario friend from Quebec!

ES 07 - WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!