King k-90 Contra for sale

DFragmentor

This baby has been with me for a long time. It does have its share of dents but it sounds powerful and dark. Lets start the price off at $700. Best offer can have it. Don't forget Shipping will be included after the fact.

Contra.jpg

Might seem stupid to you, but what is the serial number on the second valve casing? Can you post pics of both sides to show the condition of the plating? Does the Ab slide still work and does it have a functioning slide stop (both parts: the screw on the slide and the plate on the first slide)? I am interested, possibly . . .

Thanks for your time!

Wade

Edited by Periphery

Might seem stupid to you, but what is the serial number on the second valve casing? Can you post pics of both sides to show the condition of the plating? Does the Ab slide still work and does it have a functioning slide stop (both parts: the screw on the slide and the plate on the first slide)? I am interested, possibly . . .

Thanks for your time!

Wade

I am not at home right now to get the number. But the tuning slides do work but can get a little stuck. Greeseing them up does the trick. I dont think this one has a slide stop. I can pull out all the slides when I clean it.

I am not at home right now to get the number. But the tuning slides do work but can get a little stuck. Greeseing them up does the trick. I dont think this one has a slide stop. I can pull out all the slides when I clean it.

No, no . . . the Ab slide, not the tuning slide or the valve slides. It is the half step slide that lets you play Eb and Ab and must work as freely as a trombone slide in order to be of any use. It has a slide stop to keep it from coming off while using it on the field. Does it work properly right now?

The parts to look for to determine whether the setup is complete are:

1. Finger Ring (yours is there; it is visible in the photo)

2. Slide Stop Screw, which is like a sousaphone neck screw attached to the Ab slide just above the finger ring

3. Slide Stop Retainer Plate, which (depending on the age of the K-90) can be a thick ring at the end of the first slide tube closest to the Ab slide

The K-90 has a total of four slides: the main tuning slide, the two valve slides and the Ab slide.

These two photos show the Ab slide in both positions. Note that the stop screw and plate are reversed on this horn. This is a first year version. The parts were replaced with stronger stuff and reversed. The screw used to be on the first slide and the retainer plate. The screw is not on this horn in the photo, but the retainer ring is plainly visible.

So, are all of the parts there on your baby (even if the slide does not function properly)? Let me know.

1982 King K-90 – First production run, owned by the San Jose Raiders

AbSlideIn.jpg

AbSlideOut.jpg

Thanks for responding to my questions. I am in no hurry. If you have not sold it before you get home, please check out the slide/parts and the serial number. Talk to you later!

Wade

Edited by Periphery

Ah yes that slide does move but not as freely as a trombone slide. As soon as I can I will get some more photos of it. Also there is no stop for this slide. I can pull it all the way out.

Just FYI, anyone interested should get this quick. Guy in the Philippines wants it for the full $700. I would rather not ship it there, but if no one else wants it then I will.

Edited by DFragmentor

Mitch,

Thank you for your email... :lol: I've forwarded it on the the Sunrisers BOD.

Thank you for your interest and help in this matter.

Yours in Corps,

Tony White

SunAlumPR Staff

SunAlumPR@gmail.com

i am very intrested in your K-90 i have always wanted one it would be such a dream for me please let me know ASAP I will call my corp director we are in need of a good make that great contra for me to use please let us know also we are from OHIO you can contact me on here or at drumcorpnut2003@yahoo.com thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to my Corps Dir. and he said he would pay $600 if it would include shipping please let me know. It would have a very good home and well taken care of and loved very much. you can email me or contact me here hope to hear from you soon.

thanks