IYM corp. trumpet mouthpiece

shadowskream

I think the trumpet mouthpiece is a Rudy Muck design. I never cared for Rudy Muck mouthpieces, but they were big sellers back in the early part of the 20th century. I believe Maynard played on a Rudy Muck for many years. (I think I remember reading that in his biography).

Characterized by a heavy weight, generally shallow cup, and a wide rim with a high crown. That's how I remember the one I tried many years ago.

I have one, and it is based on the Rudy Muck but the throat is smaller than the vintage 17C Muck of this design (I have one of those also).

I prefer the vintage as I feel the larger bore of the throat produces a better tone. Well let's say supports it, I believe it's the player not the MP that executes tone quality.

I first got the IYM Corp after trying a friends, I liked the comfort and was searching for upper register support. I guess it’s a question of what you’re looking for as to whether it’s going to be the one for you.

However it is well made.

Hope this helps.

Dave