I wonder when did corps start charging for tryouts?

Oh man, how will I ever get along in life without the Blue Devils teaching me to be a responsible adult? I mean, it's hard enough going to the bathroom by myself at my current corps...I can't imagine getting an apartment.

Yeah...his post was a little offensive, wasn't it?

Corps are "babying" their members by housing them in dorms and feeding them at camp?

Perhaps the biggest difference between Blue Devils and other corps (like Spirit, whom I can assume he was referring to by his comment about staying in dorms) is the fact that BD has a much higher average age than most other corps, especially those outside the top 4. Those older members might feel comfortable getting an apartment and a part time job, but try to pass that idea along to the parent of a 15 or 16 year old.

Besides, even if I were 20 or 21 again, I'd like the fact that I'd have a secure place to stay while with the corps instead of having to pay rent.

"Growing up" is fine...but don't force a 15 year old to have to behave like a 20 year old.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic