• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so close, yet so far away.

:(

I wish I could go.

~>conner

Going national is nothing new for the Troopers. After all, they're the ones who started all this touring stuff. :P

Going national is nothing new for the Troopers. After all, they're the ones who started all this touring stuff. :P

Going east coast for a (close to) west coast corps with satellite camps is a bit different, though. It is 2000 miles from Knoxville to Casper... Only X-men are streching a similar distance...albeit in the process of a move.

Of course, with the new Tennessee connections in the brass staff it does seem logical...and who knows how many may 'Volunteer' for the Calvary? (Won't be the first time for Tennessee... :grouphug: )

Edited by prodigal bari

From the Troopers' website:

http://www.troopersdrumcorps.org/about/news.htm

With a lot of their brass staff affiliated with the University of Tennessee, this is a BIG move....

....and shows a lot of moxie! :drool:

This is just the start of some exciting things that are happening with The Troopers this season. We wanted to have camps in TN so we could recruit kids that would normally not be involved in our corps. Obviously the choice of location has a lot to do with the roots of the brass staff, but we also felt that this area of the country has a tremendous amounts of potential to draw from.

In addition to camps in East TN, we will be holding camps in other areas as well. I will wait for the final details to be worked out and the official announcement is made before I begin to discuss that on a public forum. I can say that some of the future camps will be held in locations with incredible facilities and in areas of the country with talent that remains essentially un-tapped. Recruiting this year is going very well, but we are always looking for more potential members to ensure a bright future for the upcoming season as well as years to come. I would encourage anyone that is interested or anyone that has questions to feel free and contact me at anytime.

I just keep having nightmares of Rocky Top drum corps style.

I can assure you that will not happen

You guys have got it all wrong. The 11th Cavalry has been transferred to Texas. :P