To Restore, or NOT Restore

Jazzycat1

I had so much fun restoring my Ludwig challenger that I decided to try another. I bought an old Pearl marching snare off EBAY for $70.00 total. I asked around on the Pearl forum and found that it is a Criterion model snare. I was also told that it has a custom finish because it was only available in white, chrome, and red? Anyway, the drum is in extremely good condition and I'm pondering not doing anything at all but putting the correct top rim and heads on it. Please take a quick look and tell me what you think. Also - If anyone has an idea what drumline may have originally marched with this drum? The pictures are OK but up close it is a really bright orange. I got it from a seller in PA. Thanks!

Angle9.jpg

Angle8.jpg

Angle2.jpg

What's wrong with the top rim? Looks like a great drum to me. A real steal at $70.

There's nothing wrong with the rims. I believe it originally had a cast rim. You should have seen the rims when I got it. Someone had wrapped black tape around the rims - I guess to create some kind of visual effect but when I peeled it off it left tons of sticky junk. I had to soak the rims with WD40 and take a toothbrush to them. After a little elbow grease they came out looking brand new.