Cincinnati Tradition to hit the field in 07

I'm fairly certain Cincinati Tradition has been around around 20 years! It's just their first time coming around to DCA. Heck, for that record, Govies still win. They were around over 70 years before making the trip to DCA!

Strange sense of distance. Might as well throw in CV, Alliance and MCL by that only have to cross at least one, two, or three states, not including source and destination states logic. Although I will agree that they are smack dab in the middle of things. In a Prairie Sound sort of way.

Also they are not a NEW corps. As previously stated. It looks like their internet domain was created in January of 2001, and they've been around longer than that. This is to my knowledge their first attempt to make it out to DCA. Best of luck Cincinnati Tradition.

I know my geography fairly well. A DCA show somewhere around here would be a bit easier to come to then in New York, or PA

Tim

I think the point was, 11 hours, not really close, 4-6 hours, much closer

Also, Cincinnati Tradition has been around since 1984 and has also helped other Sr. Corps in the area such as Bluegrass Brass (I think the guy running Derby City Knights used to head them up), Mirage Sr. and the Bombadiers.

Tim

I think the point was, 11 hours, not really close, 4-6 hours, much closer

I got his point, thanks for the help. : )

Also, Cincinnati Tradition has been around since 1984 and has also helped other Sr. Corps in the area such as Bluegrass Brass (I think the guy running Derby City Knights used to head them up), Mirage Sr. and the Bombadiers.

Tim

I don't think theres any Bluegrass Brass people in DCK actually.

Looking forward to seeing tradition on the field!

Edited by Rioken

Hey all,

If memory serves me correctly, members of Cinncinni Tradition also drove to Pittsburgh, Pa and marched with the Steel City Ambassadors in the mid 1980's....2/3 guard members and 3/4 horn players.....Again, thanks to all 'yunz" guys and I am looking forward to seeing the drumcorps perform during the 2007 season.... :blink::doh: :)

Pgh Guy

John G

Tim

No, I was never in Bluegrass Brass - other then attending a camp sometime around 1994.

I don't think theres any Bluegrass Brass people in DCK actually.

Looking forward to seeing tradition on the field!

I know we had some interest from some of there members - but I don't think any came to the first camp. They would be more then welcome to attend the 2nd camp though.

But, to get back on topic, I am very glad to see Cincinnati Tradition hitting the competitive field. Best of Luck to you in the 2007 season, I am sure that we will be seeing you guys at some point.

Edited by m_basey

• 2 weeks later...

I had some great times in Cincy Tradition. I hope Tom Slade, Rick and Kathi Heinlein, Tim Burke et al. can take Tradition to DCA.

Best of luck!