www.interstatesmen.org

:doh::lol::lol:

Okay, a disclaimer is called for here! Before any I-men alumni get insulted:

The Turds were in NO WAY endorsed by, sponsored by or connected to the I-men.

In the 70's, maybe `76?, with the NEW I-men, the mid-range section (plus one drummer - just to slow us down) created a hilarious drum corps parity "micro-mini corps" called the Turds.

We performed in mock "contests" with other micro-minis at several I-men parties and actually won the Micro-mini Championship at our banquet.

We did an all-DCA tribute show and brought the house down. I recall the GE judge (Terry Dunham) screaming that we were "off the sheets!" b**bs

A lot of fun.

Joe Scarchilli, Joe Benoit, Joe Purcell, Dave Vandenberg and I were the performers.

Oh, yes: We actually wore tiny capes emblazening with TURDS, across the back.

I have a "corps photo" somewhere, and maybe someday I'll find it and get it up on the site.

Tom,

One might think of the Turds as the Crunchy Frogs of our time, or at least a part of their ancestrail past; kind-a-like what the no valve bugle is to the instrumentation of today! Who knows, with the rules changes that have gone on for several year now, toy drums and kazoos may one day be authorized. When that happens I'm sure that... "THE TURDS WILL RISE AGAIN!" with or without the stench! :sshh:

And Tom, boy have you got a better memory than I do. I guess I should have thought twice before I said... "Memory??? I don't need no schteenking memory!" :doh:

Anyway, I had forgotten that Joe Benoit was one of us. Because we are both Elks, I get to see him once in a while and will probably see him at our state convention in about a month. BTW, how did you and Dave get into the Turds without having a first name of Joe? :blink:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic