New York Skyliners 1st Camp Information

Sean1

... There are a lot of great people who believed in the Skyliners through thick and thin, and a lot of great people who never said die or walked away to greener pastures when things got rough with the corps. It will take a lot of hard work, and there will be bumps along the way, but we are on a mission to bring the New York Skyliners back to the success they deserve.

Greener pastures? What's that? When my wife and I joined the New York Skyliners with a few of our closest friends back in 1986, we thought all of us would be with the Skyliners forever. While some of them don't march with NY anymore, the Skyliners are still their corps. I don't recall any of them going to any other major DCA corps. The true red and black Skyliners don't march anywhere else. Just as I would think, true Cab, Sun, and Hurricane wouldn't march anywhere else. What is it about the old guard that would make people devote themselves to that one corps?

Even though the Skyliners are barely a shell of what were when I began with the corps 21 years ago, I've always said I wouldn't go anywhere else, and so far I haven't. The New York Skyliners are my corps.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greener pastures? What's that? When my wife and I joined the New York Skyliners with a few of our closest friends back in 1986, we thought all of us would be with the Skyliners forever. While some of them don't march with NY anymore, the Skyliners are still their corps. I don't recall any of them going to any other major DCA corps. The true red and black Skyliners don't march anywhere else. Just as I would think, true Cab, Sun, and Hurricane wouldn't march anywhere else. What is it about the old guard that would make people devote themselves to that one corps?

Even though the Skyliners are barely a shell of what were when I began with the corps 21 years ago, I've always said I wouldn't go anywhere else, and so far I haven't. The New York Skyliners are my corps.

Tomorrow Morning is the start of somthing very special! :)

Totally awesome weekend camp in Dover for the Skyliners! All the hype is 1000% true baby! Great people, Great staff, Great music, Great atmosphere. If you don't believe me, come sit in for our next rehearsal camp and see for yourself. I can honestly say that this has been one of the most amazingly fun weekends I have had with the corps in the past couple years... This is going to be a great year. Come check it out!

Totally awesome weekend camp in Dover for the Skyliners! All the hype is 1000% true baby! Great people, Great staff, Great music, Great atmosphere. If you don't believe me, come sit in for our next rehearsal camp and see for yourself. I can honestly say that this has been one of the most amazingly fun weekends I have had with the corps in the past couple years... This is going to be a great year. Come check it out!

You gotta love this news. B)

This was a fantastic weekend, and I will have a full report from the Skyliners camp on Blog 7 soon.

I was stunned to learn first hand how many Skyliners members have been approached over the last few weeks via phone calls and letters by FusionCorps management asking them to leave Skyliners to join FusionCorps. But, this is a Genius motivation for those of us rising to the challenge to take the Skyliners to the world-class success that they truly deserve. After this weekend, the corps is on its way.

Rock on, Skyliners. It's all good.

^0^

You were given the opportunity to speak to me and Ralph in person regarding Fusion Core. We were hoping you would show up at the meeting this weekend and take some time to meet with us, but you did not, why I don't know, but I have my feelings I know why.

Lee, can't you market Sky better without posting rumors and non supported allegations regarding another corps, or have you lost "your touch"?

YOu do NOT want us to post publically the reasons Ralph and I left Sky, but just the same, we are still good friends with quite a few of the Skyliners and DO NOT want them to fold nor do we think they will. However, if you keep pointing fingers, you only make the organization look bad.

You gave me and Ralph a suggestion and I suggest you follow your own advice. Stop concentrating on Fusion and start concentrating on Skyliners.

Ralph and I will speak to you ANYTIME you want to talk.

We wish The Skyliners nothing but success this year. We hear they have a fabulous show. Now they just need to recruit and you need to stop giving them negative publicity and they will be fine. Maybe you need to let The Skyliners do what they have to do and step away because you are not doing them any good, publically anyway. It's a shame.

Since 2nd camp info is up, topic is closed.