Since I started watching drum corps

I know what he meant..

I just took offense to that. For myself and other people who compete/have particiated in D3, that could be offensive also. I know for a fact that this has been discussed around the DCP Forums. DIII corps aren't necessarily any worse than D2 corps, and some D1.

Point being, don't give D3 corps bad rap. If you want to go gloat about how great D1 is, go to the D1 forum.

This is how many Drum corps were involved with DCI finals. (corpsreps.com)

13 Div 2

31 Div 3

12 Div 2

26 Div 3

12 Div 2

38 Div 3

9 Div 2

24 Div 3

9 Div 2

18 Div 3

9 Div 2

20 Div 3

9 Div 2

17 Div 3

2007 (as of 1.2.07 and if no one changes divisions.)

8 Div 2

15 Div 3

If you that is bad, see if you can get a copy of the line-up for say Nationals in 1980. Also try and look at the corps that went to the World Open in Lynn MA or the US Open in Butler PA. A lot of the corps that went to those shows did not got to DCI Nationals. This was the BIG show for them. Little travel and a lot let expense for the corps.

I know what he meant..

I just took offense to that. For myself and other people who compete/have particiated in D3, that could be offensive also. I know for a fact that this has been discussed around the DCP Forums. DIII corps aren't necessarily any worse than D2 corps, and some D1.

Point being, don't give D3 corps bad rap. If you want to go gloat about how great D1 is, go to the D1 forum.

Believe me I did not mean to offend you but I kinda agree with him. Div II and III seems to be a dieing breed right now. I was in a Div II (back when it was Class A we had to run dinosaurs off the field to perform) and my daughter marched Div III last year. I honestly think Div II, III and lower Div I is more "pure/real Drum Corps" than the top of Div I. Div II and III prelims is the best/most entertaining part of the week at finals for me. Good lord I hope it never ever disappears. It will be a sad day for the activity if it does. There needs to be a place for non-elite, non-music majors to go. But I'm afraid the current model doesn't work to well in most areas.

So if I offended you I appoligize. I love Div II/III and try to support it in any way I can.

There needs to be a place for non-elite, non-music majors to go. But I'm afraid the current model doesn't work to well in most areas.

One could run with this and make a strong point about the incredible growth of the all-age segment of drum corps over the past few years...hmmmm....

But I LOVE me some Div II/III!!! :doh:

Don't want to hijack a thread but ...

"One could run with this and make a strong point about the incredible growth of the all-age segment of drum corps over the past few years...hmmmm...."

BINGO

"But I LOVE me some Div II/III!!! "

Agreed. :doh:

I thought that Impulse already annouced that they were staying Div III but then again I was out of it for two months. :doh:

Anyway I think Div. III will gain strentgh along the way, we just have to wait till then.

Edited by SomeBariPlayer