Mouthpiece Check

The Original El Guapo

Where can I find a brush to run through my mouthpiece?  I can't find anything the right size to scrub the insides.  I see some brown stuff in there, it's kinda disturbing.

You should be able to find a good Mouthpiece Brush at your local music shop.

However, if you would prefer to do it online go here:

Dillon Music

Under "Accessories", click on "Cleaning" and you'll find a mouthpiece brush (for all Brass), as well as just about everything else you could possibly need to keep you horn in top shape.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definetly say I clean my mp every week or so, but I do keep one on a shelf like a science experiment gone wrong that no one has touch in like six or seven years. It's the most disgusting thing you'll ever see.

Green Goo... and sometimes it's brown.. discusting just thinking about it..I actually think that when I clean my mouthpiece/horn my sound is THIS MUCH WIDER, DARKER, and NICER... it's a pain to clean though.. at home I have to let it soak in my tub!!! grr.. so annoying..but hey! it's worth the final look..so pretty.

oh ya! and my old mouthpiece..just sitting on my dresser in my room hasn't moved for a good 2 years... I look in it (through the top! as if i'd actually TOUCH it) once in a while..I see some little green fungus friends inside..they look like green bubbles.. they get bigger every month.. soon they'll take over my whole ROOM! ahhhhhh

How does everyone here clean their horn? Just need some good tips, my method doesnt seem to work.

I take it apart (well... leave the valves on... but tuning slides and triggers etc.). I run each piece under the faucet of my bath tub, then fill up the tub and let all the pieces sit for a bit. Afterwards, I take em out and dry em thoroughly. What should I dry it with so I don't scratch it? Then I apply the polish with a sponge, then wipe it off (with a polishing cloth again?). Then I buff it with a polishing cloth.

I don't have anything to clean the inside with, anyone have any recommendations? I gotta clean this sucker out, I'm gonna be spending a lot of time with it, gotta rub it the right way. :angry:

I have a PDF of cleaning instructions. IM me and I'll send it to you.

Thanks blue.

I just ran a snake through my bore. I was holding it upwards, so I had to pull up to get it out. Some brown goo flew up into the air and into my eye and all over my corps shirt. Yuck....

Green Goo... and sometimes it's brown.. discusting just thinking about it..I actually think that when I clean my mouthpiece/horn my sound is THIS MUCH WIDER, DARKER, and NICER... it's a pain to clean though.. at home I have to let it soak in my tub!!! grr.. so annoying..but hey! it's worth the final look..so pretty.

That green slime is actually ...lung tissue...it's that warm air affect. :angry: kiddin'

I use: soap, hot water, horn snake, cue tips and Wright's Polish.