Fusion Core Open House Report/Show Announcement

~ FUSION CORE OPEN HOUSE REPORT/SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT ~

For those of you who didn't make it to FUSION CORE'S first annual open house, you missed an outstanding afternoon of excitement drum corps style! There was electricity in the air and the level of talent represented by all sections far exceeded our expectations.

The show concept, “The Journey Begins”, was announced by Izzy Delgado, Visual Caption Head. As talks began of bringing Fusion Core to life off and on the field we all embarked on a new journey. We felt “The Journey Begins” was apropos in showcasing the new corps struggles, challenges, and emotions as we venture into the 21st Century of Drum Corps. In the end it will prove to be a journey that we will all cherish and celebrate for years to come.

Our 2007 program "The Journey Begins" symbolizes this journey. The opener, "Minuano" by Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays, introduces the corps to the world as one that is entertaining, powerful, and determined. The ballad "Loss" by Don Ellis, takes us through the emotional trials and tribulations that any worthwhile journey can offer. It proves that life isn't easy, but one has to overcome these hard times to get to better ones ahead. The closer "Strawberry Soup" by Don Ellis, shows us those better times that we're looking for. This challenging drum corps favorite will take us to our destination, telling everyone that we've arrived and we're here to stay, while there is more to come in the future. The exciting personality of the corps will shine here as we feature various sections and individuals.

After lunch the corps broke into sections with the horn line learning a large portion of the opener and the drum line and guard rehearsing outside as the weather was spring like. Open house rehearsal closed with the horn line showcasing their efforts for the day; incredible effort for the first rehearsal!! Fusion Core’s first open house ended with everyone wanting more and that is what comes next; MORE. MORE SHOW, MORE MUSIC, MORE TIME TOGETHER, AND MORE FUN!! ! You may have missed open house, but IT'S NOT TOO L ATE!!!

FUSION CORE'S next full corps rehearsal will be January 20th from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm and will be held at the Elizabeth High School (Details to be posted on website @ www.fusioncorenj.homestead.com).

This is going to be a season you won't want to miss. All are still welcome to come down and be a part of FUSION CORE . If you are a brass player and have a Bb horn, bring it with you. If not, bring a mouthpiece as we will provide you with a horn; percussionists bring sticks. If you are interested in marching or have any questions about membership, please visit our website.

Fusion Core January Rehearsal

January 20th

10:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Elizabeth High School

Elizabeth, NJ

Visit our website for more details @ www.fusioncorenj.homestead.com

CLICK TO VIEW VIDEO OF OPEN HOUSE - http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.asp?XID=6482&CID=64429

Edited by Fusion Core Administration

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the 20th yet???? b**bs can't wait to see everyone and hear the new stuff!

~ FUSION CORE OPEN HOUSE REPORT/SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT ~

The opener, "Minuano" by Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays, introduces the corps to the world as one that is entertaining, powerful, and engaging yet determined. deorequest.asp?XID=6482&CID=64429[/url]

Yall have fun with that piece.MCL did it last year and it was a huge hit with the spectators.Gotta love hearing the 91 crossman do that piece.

Strawberry Soup is one of my all time favorite pieces.CV did that in 04 and I just loved it.

Can't wait to hear your show this season.

You know, everytime I watch that, I feel happy all over again :ph34r: !!!

Some cool stuff coming up on the 20th. More info soon coming!!!

i can't wait til the next rehearsal to play and take more pictures , but someone else take some too, so i can see some of myself playing :)

I cant see the video :-( I click on it and get this message

Sorry, this file is a secure streaming Windows Media file. Currently Windows Media Player for Macintosh does not support https.