Just taking a break, and....

Just taking a quick lunch break from my at-home practicing. I'm playing on a Vic Firth Heavy Hitter Basspad to keep my style honest, reading my music while an mp3 of the battery parts for the opener loops on my computer.

And I'm thinking - how did we learn music last time I marched? The toys and technology sure help!

Marching in 2007 isn't the same as marching in 1982.

Edited by kusankusho

We've been doing this in Grenadiers for years now. I started playing around with marching percussion soundfonts around 1999/2000 and been having fun since. We handed out warm-ups and show music on cd's for people to practice with.

...and those bass pads are BRILLIANT! I'm not a bass player, but I still think they are a fantastic practice pad for bass drummers out there.

Aren't these times grand?

We've been doing this in Grenadiers for years now. I started playing around with marching percussion soundfonts around 1999/2000 and been having fun since. We handed out warm-ups and show music on cd's for people to practice with.

...and those bass pads are BRILLIANT! I'm not a bass player, but I still think they are a fantastic practice pad for bass drummers out there.

Aren't these times grand?

We did it at Dutch for the last few years but I was staff, this is my first time on the receiving end. It's great.

Yeah I love the bass pad. Starting to chip a little of the rust off my long-lost chops......