Brass help

toddschultz

I am looking for someone who can write up a synopsis of the "breathe-dah" system for brass playing and/or the "one motion air."

I am fairly sure I know/understand these concepts, but I was never taught them under these types of names, although I have learned very similar techniques.

Thanks! and again, I am not sure if this is the right forum, so moderators, I apologize if I am in the wrong.

Please e-mail me at toddschultz@mail.com if you can help!

Thanks!

I'll try to simplify this for you as much as possible. This may not be what you are looking for, but it was what i was taught.

Breathe-dah is a one count breath before playing. If you play on count 1, take a breath on count 4.

i'll leave the one motion air alone right now, as i'm not entirely sure on the way the term was used, and I don't want to confuse you.

The one air motion basically means the air is always moving, either out or in. When you inhale and hold it for a little bit, "capping the breath" it can great problems in quality and timing of the attack. So breathing in for the full count before and sealing your corners and blowing out right on beat one will make attacks crystal clear.