Brass & Percussion I&E Championships

Mike, whatever you do, don't encourage him! <**>

How are the Crossmen Xtreme sounding these days? I'm looking forward to seeing youse guys down in Harrisburg. :doh:

Best of Luck

Paul

Haha, how bout we just try to delete that mental image all togather and I'll buy you a beer at Harrisburg? haha :mmm:

You guys were great this past weekend! :doh:

Xtreme is doing well :) Rehearsals have been very productive and we're starting to prepare Russian Christmas Music to play with the Crossmen as well as a few other tunes on the side. Hopefully we'll get a website up sooner or later so as it's a little easier to follow :) But we're definitely looking forward to Harrisburg! ^OO^ :doh:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, how bout we just try to delete that mental image all togather and I'll buy you a beer at Harrisburg? haha :mmm:

You guys were great this past weekend! :doh:

Xtreme is doing well :) Rehearsals have been very productive and we're starting to prepare Russian Christmas Music to play with the Crossmen as well as a few other tunes on the side. Hopefully we'll get a website up sooner or later so as it's a little easier to follow :) But we're definitely looking forward to Harrisburg! ^OO^ :doh:

Mike,

That's great news! The Crossmen always played the #%$# out of Russian Christmas Music back in the late 70's when we used to compete against them. :doh:

Can't wait to hear you guys!

See you there,

Paul

Hey Mike! Looking forward to hearing you guys in Harrisburg, I've heard good things! Also,congrats to all competitors that played at the show! MCA is here!!

Edited by MelloTrump

Hey Mike! Looking forward to hearing you guys in Harrisburg, I've heard good things! Also,congrats to all competitors that played at the show! MCA is here!!

Paul MacDonald

Mello

Capital(Capitol) Brass! 1985-?

Fusion Core 2007-?

Thanks Paul!! We're looking forward to seeing how we do against the legion of blue and black shirts :P :ph34r: ((sorry Tom, had to say it!)) as well as the other corps :) Overall it'll be great to get out and play for a crowd! Hope to see you this weekend!

Thanks Paul!! We're looking forward to seeing how we do against the legion of blue and black shirts :P :ph34r: ((sorry Tom, had to say it!)) as well as the other corps :) Overall it'll be great to get out and play for a crowd! Hope to see you this weekend!

LOL! The Legion of Blue and Black!!!!

Maybe they'll combine our scores!

It's gonna be a great show!

Fortunately, we're at one end of the show, and the guys who stole our shirt idea are at the other end. Should help sort things out.

On the other hand; it means we have the rest of you SURROUNDED! :blink:

BHOF I&E SHOW HITS THE MARK!

(By Andy “your friendly BHOF I&E Show MC” Lisko)

Bridgeport, CT, March 19, 2007/BHOF/ The Buglers Hall of Fame sponsored their inaugural North American Championship for Individual and Ensemble Brass and Percussion, on Saturday, March 17 in Bridgeport, CT at the University of Bridgeport Student Center.

Back in the 60’s and 70’s, when drum corps was more of a year round activity, I&E shows were a standard late winter, early spring fare. Many attendees were glad to see some old traditions making a re-appearance, such as the single stage for all contestant categories, allowing the fans to see the entire show. The venue may not have been a vintage AL or VFW hall, which played host so many these style shows but, the “buzz” and camaraderie exhibited by the competitors and audience was drum corps fraternity at its best.

The BHOF charter is not only to honor the activity’s great players and contributors of the past but, to continue and preserve the art of bugle playing by offering shows which provide the opportunity for buglers to develop their skills and demonstrate them in a public forum. To this end BHOF member such as Frank Dorritie conducted a brass clinic prior to the competition, while Ritchee Price and Ruben Ariola memorized the crowd with a stunning exhibition of their talent.

But, the day was not about the BHOF – rather, it was about the participants who came out to show their wares on stage. Despite horrible traveling conditions, drum corps faithful from NH, MA, PA, NY and NJ made their way to CT to be a part of what will certainly be a classic, annual event.

And the event was not solely about individual buglers hoping to make their mark. It was about percussion, ensemble and mini-corps gathering together in a friendly, relaxed competitive atmosphere. The emphasis was definitely on entertainment and the fans in the seats were not disappointed.

Participants included members from Fusion Core, Park City Pride, Selden Cadets Alumni, Smithtown Freelancers, CT Hurricanes, Sunrisers, NY Skyliners Alumni, St. Kevin’s Alumni, CT Alumni, Capital Brass, Mass Brass, Amoskeag Sound, Manchester Muchachos and St. Rita’s Brassmen.

Awards were presented for Gold, Silver and Bronze in all categories including a dazzling mini-corps competition, which saw Mass Brass top Capital Brass and Amoskeag Sound in the year’s first MCA clash. The festive event was capped off by a wee received performance of the St. Rita’s Brassmen Alumni Corps.

All in all, this was definitely a “back to the future” day for I&E competitions … solid competition, healthy bantering, spectacular exhibitions and a tremendous post-show party … drum corps at its best!

One can only imagine what the future holds for future BHOF I&E shows.

We look forward to seeing everyone next year!!

LOL! The Legion of Blue and Black!!!!

Maybe they'll combine our scores!

It's gonna be a great show!

Fortunately, we're at one end of the show, and the guys who stole our shirt idea are at the other end. Should help sort things out.

On the other hand; it means we have the rest of you SURROUNDED! :lol:

"And in first with a score of 187.5...... MASS CAPITAL BRASS!"

:lol: ^_^ :lol::lol::lol:

"And in first with a score of 187.5...... MASS CAPITAL BRASS!"

:lol: ^_^ :lol::lol::lol:

Here's a thought...combined we reach the minimum to compete with under DCA rules...Man I guess that would be one KICK ### corps! And to think we already have the uniforms!

"Now entering the field of competition"

MassCap Brass

Here's a thought...combined we reach the minimum to compete with under DCA rules...Man I guess that would be one KICK ### corps! And to think we already have the uniforms!

"Now entering the field of competition"

MassCap Brass

Yeah, and at 42 players, we'd be a HUGE minimum-size corps !

???????

Anyway, I think it's great that we hit it off so well in our first meeting. You have a great bunch of people as well as one super mini-corps.