Drums Needed in Japan

drumlinetchr

I'm a volunteer instructor for the Kinnick High School Marching band. I marched in the Gauchos and Cadets of Upstate NY in the 70's and 80's. Kinnick is a Military base located in Yokosuka Japan and a new director has arrived that is hard core drum corps like me. The only problem is that we are not getting support from the school district because of funding cut backs (due to the War on Terror). We have old Yamaha power lights (that we got from a local middle school) that I'm keeping together with a lot of glue, bubble gum and paper clips. I know we can be competitive, our staff consists of former Blue Devils and Cavi members and our Guard is a WGI vet (all on a volunteer pay)

If anyone could help out with our percussion section we are in dire need of 4 snares, 2 tenors, 5 bass drums and a marimba. Please help us, these kids deserve to compete on the field even if it is in Japan. We will be the only all American band on the field.

Thanks for your consideration. If there is anyway you can help pm or email me.

I will pay all shipping fees, these are children of Military members currently serving overseas. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by drumlinetchr

OK, so it was not my last bump, thanks to those of you that have replied and have tried to help out.

Having served and later spending time visiting my sis and bro-in-law, when both were stationed in Verona and Aviano, Italy, I understand the sacrifices that our American military make. I do hope someone can come through. :lol:

Bump, I have to keep trying, does anyone have any ideas? I have sent email to about 100 music stores and most have not replied back. I have also emails the big companies, and while some have sent very nice replies back saying good luck and things like that, bottom line is I still have a drumline with no drums. If anyone can help with recommendations or anything, it would be greatly appreciated.