The new "Contra Lounge".

Will stomping be factored into the equasion?

Well duh! That goes without saying.

Rich please stay on top of the conversation.

Love ya...miss ya.

• 1 month later...

*BUMP*

The Contra Base Online Group is still open and looking for members!

We're also now under new managment.

This is THE place online for contra and tuba players to hang out and have some fun. C'mon in and check us out!

Remember, WE are the foundation which all the rest of the music is built upon!

What's a tri-state? An identity crisis or something?

Is there anyway to sign up without a .NET password? I prefer not to do things the M$ way.

It's my first season on Contra. Actually it's a King 1141SP BBb Marching Tuba. The corps didn't have one, so I bought one. I still don't have any idea how to man handle it yet. Normally I play Euphonium. But I'm sure I'll figure something out. We're not likely to make it to DCA until 2008 anyway, if then with the new 35 rule.

As I wonder if animal bugles count? I got a couple conch shells from samana, and since I'm in texas, I'm sure I can come across an ox horn. If we get a couple 8yo's playing those do they count as members? Since the 35 thing doesn't count drum major, honor guard, and lord knows what else.

We're not likely to make it to DCA until 2008 anyway, if then with the new 35 rule.

Shadow, you know you could have come home and marched with GCS. B)

What's a tri-state? An identity crisis or something?

Is there anyway to sign up without a .NET password? I prefer not to do things the M$ way.

It's my first season on Contra. Actually it's a King 1141SP BBb Marching Tuba. The corps didn't have one, so I bought one. I still don't have any idea how to man handle it yet. Normally I play Euphonium. But I'm sure I'll figure something out. We're not likely to make it to DCA until 2008 anyway, if then with the new 35 rule.

As I wonder if animal bugles count? I got a couple conch shells from samana, and since I'm in texas, I'm sure I can come across an ox horn. If we get a couple 8yo's playing those do they count as members? Since the 35 thing doesn't count drum major, honor guard, and lord knows what else.

Hi Shadow,

In truth, I really don't know if you have to use .NET to sign in, or if there are other options. I use MSN's 'Passport' thingy, and usually don't have any problems with it.

As for the animal bugles, rather just giving you an outright 'No', I'll try this instead: If you can play the same things on an animal bugle that I can play on my K-90, then I'll say OK to it. :rolleyes:

As for your 1141, I've never gotten to try one, so I really don't know much about them. All I can say is that King has a really good rep from making the K-90's. So, best of luch with it!

Take Care, and c'mon out and try The Contra Base! aka The Contra Lounge.

Bill

Shadow, you know you could have come home and marched with GCS. B)

Well, the 7 hour round trip trek was always a bit much for me. Especially when in combination of a 9+ hour rehearsal block on the same day, plus Texas weather. I could leave home 3 hours before those rehearsals and still be a half hour to several hours late depending on traffic, construction, and dumb luck. It wasn't fair to the corps, as that was 7 hours I could have spent practicing, and $25 I could have donated or paid toward dues per weekend.

Hmm. is their room for a tired, old , retired K90?

Dog tuba'd, err tired?

dog_tuba.jpg

DAG GUMMITT!!!!! Everytime I see this thread I'm at work and can't access it. Then when I get home I usually don't check out DCP for some reason.