Fusion Core's First Outing

Ok Holly.

No need to bring past marriages in on the conversation. :OT:

She may have been on the short side :ph34r: but she had a hell of a right hook. :ph34r:

Jackie, tell me about your Jr. corps days? Who did you march with? What did you play? etc. Come on down Jackie!!!!

b**bs

I actually marched with local corps in the 70s. Lucky Ladies, Wharton, NJ and the Emerald Grenadears, Rockaway, NJ. In the Grenadears, I was a snare drummer. I was with a few smaller corps after that as a drum major, then went on with life. When the Grenadears formed as an alumni corps, I came back as a snare drummer, enjoyed 2 years of that, then my arms finally gave out with age, and I locked myself in my house and taught myself to play a mellophone and have been a mellophone player ever since.

There's my little story! I'm now having a blast playing in multiple alumni corps now!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good Jackie. Thanks for sharing. Fun is the key. Good luck to you and the Grenadears. I think John A. (aka Screech) is there teaching isn't he? Tell him I said Hi.

Stop in to say hi if you get a chance.

Dan

I got to meet some of your fellow Grenadear friends last year. Really nice people!!!

Well, like I said, stop in any time and visit. I'll have to check out your schedule and if we're in the area and not practicing or something, I'll have to stop in and say hi to you guys!!!

I'm still DYING to get to a Bridgemen practice. That should be a lot of fun!!!

Don't feed the trolls

Here! Here!

It was a great day for a parade. Beautiful weather, a lot of fun people, either enjoying St. Patty's festivities or the spring thaw. Either way, happy people and a parade are a good thing!!!!

We thank ALL OF YOU that support DCA and all the corps that are trying their best to do what they need to do.

I also would like to request that everyone respect both the Skyliners and Fusion. Both organizations have been working very hard to concentrate on themselves and do what they each need to do without interfering with each other's progress.

Please do not post under either one of our topics hoping to start negative discussions because neither corps will participate.

Thanks again everyone and enjoy your St. Patricks MONTH!!

(with all the parades and festivities, we've decided to rename it St. Patty's MONTH!! :ph34r: )

Hey Hol! Any Pictures?

Sorry guys. I don't know how to post pictures. I can only play mellophone :) !!!

Mike will post as soon as he gets a chance.

Agreed.

And as for pics, I'll get them on-line when I'm not between classes, have some good ones from the parade ^_^ ^OO^

i saw preview of the pics :ph34r:

can't wait to get working on another slideshow :)

So Dan, how's "B"??!?!?!

WE LAUGHED SO HARD SATURDAY NIGHT WITH DANO THAT WE ALL CRIED.

My kids think your the funniest guy ever. They LOVE YOU!!

omg holly i haven't laughed like that in a long time - saturday was a great time :)

I got to meet some of your fellow Grenadear friends last year. Really nice people!!!

Well, like I said, stop in any time and visit. I'll have to check out your schedule and if we're in the area and not practicing or something, I'll have to stop in and say hi to you guys!!!

I'm still DYING to get to a Bridgemen practice. That should be a lot of fun!!!

Holly your welcome at a Bridgemen practice at any time. Heck there's one this coming Sunday March 11th from 12 till 6 bring the whole Marino clan and check it out. The corps is having a Great Year!

Spongebob b**bs