Blue Angels

Charlotte, NC

----------------

"It was a great run. We had a blast. Sure, it ended a little earlier than we had hoped, but we have no reason to complain. Thanks DCP-I" - Will Cawlson, Brass Staff

The Blue Angels second shot at DCPI ended tonight. After finishing their first season in DCPI with a 44th Prelims placement, the Angels came back in season 7 with a vengeance. We wanted to prove we belonged - and we did. This season marked a few milestones for us, including:

• 1st win
  • 1st time breaking 90
  • 1st Quarterfinals appearance
  • 1st Semifinals appearance
  • 1st regional medal
  • 1st appearance at the "Masters of the Game"

Did we have dreams of making finals? Sure, who doesn't. But we got what we came for. I'm sure nobody will contest we're a strong part of DCP-I now. All of IYMA is proud of Blue Angels and their accomplishments. Thank you to DCP-I for a wonderful season - it is one we will never forget.

Blue Angels will remain in Charlotte to support our sister corps, the White Stars. They received the honor of making their second finals performance in as many tries tonight! Afterwards, Blue Angels and White Stars will have their annual banquet then mix up the buses for our trip back to Denver.

We'd also like to say congratulations to another member of the IYMA family, Bleu Knights, for their 2nd place finish and Brass Title.

Blue Angels will catch y'all on the flip side.