2000 Madison Scouts

While being fairly new to DCP, I don't believe I have ever seen any talk about 00 Scouts. I'm interested in what people thought about the show at the time, and now. I never got to see it live, but have dvd. Being a huge Scouts fan, the show concept was quite different. Drum wise, I know they got killed score wise (I think 11th or 12th at finals), but I think the feature was really good. The tenor break was a little fuzzy, but snare wise, their break was clean and very clear on dvd and cd. I really loved the unison parts with the rolls w/snares, tenors,bds with the accents in pit (break drums I think). I like the hats on in front line too. I don't pretend to know much about guard/visual/horn issues or problems. This show is pretty far down my list of Scouts shows from the last 25 years. What are your thoughts/memories?

I just listened to it. I feel that the whole Russian theme was to much of a departure for those accustomed to Malaga and/or Malaguena, and thought that those tunes should be played every year.

It's not my favorite Scouts show, but I like it a lot.

Guard was a major weakness. And while listening with head phones, noticed a lot of articulation problems with the sopranos, but that's nit picky. My favorite 10th place show of all time.

A theme show yes, but also a true Scouts show. In your face, and exciting - the way drum corps should be.

Edited by acn

Great show, but performance level just not quite there that year. It was the first of a 3 year stretch that the perfomance level was just a little weak. I enjoyed the music, and enjoyed the drill, but wasn't quite as IN YOUR FACE as some other years have been.

Overall one of the weakest perfomances of the Scouts, but still a very enjoyable show.

Great show, but performance level just not quite there that year. It was the first of a 3 year stretch that the perfomance level was just a little weak. I enjoyed the music, and enjoyed the drill, but wasn't quite as IN YOUR FACE as some other years have been.

Overall one of the weakest perfomances of the Scouts, but still a very enjoyable show.

Maybe not as in your face as '96, or '86, but when compared to '06 it's not exactly weak.

Maybe not as in your face as '96, or '86, but when compared to '06 it's not exactly weak.

right w/Stp:

cool enough. dirty, but it was alright.

like someone said, not my favorite Madison show, but oh well... you can't play Malaga every year.

~>conner

I thought that the 06 show had more moments than the 2000 show personally. And while 06 wasn't their strongest effort either, I thought that overall it was put together a lot better than 00, and had a little more WOW factor.

I think the thing that stands out more about the 00 was that coming after Jesus Christ Superstar, an amazing performance, it just wasn't as strong. And then the performance issues(especially in the guard that year) didn't help it out any.

But I really did enjoy the 2000 show.

06 also followed a very good 05 year. I guess when you have a top six show and the following year isn't quite as good - you get let down a bit.

I thought 2000 was a powerful show. Especially the closer. Did you know that when the horn members

sing toward the end, they are singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" in Russian? I thought that was a cool touch.

My only complaint about 2000 was that it was a little top heavy - which works great for jazz oriented

shows, but not as much for classical. they could have used more umph from the Euphs and Contras.

But overall, I liked the show alot.