Center Grove Question

Jak

A little off of the original topic, Buff, but I thought the first scholastic year was 1986. At this age, the memory does get a little foggy, so I could be wrong, but as I recall they each took 2 - Whitman (11th in 1984) and Canandaigua (7th again in 1985) that is. I'm fairly sure Canandaigua has the 1985 Scholastic champion flag.... And then they chose to stay with those they'd been competing with in the independant class in 1986 (finished 12th). Always thought it was kind of interesting that they'd trade back and forth like that, and yet were geographically adjacent. So Center Grove did their oriental show (Robin Shaw) in 1986, and that's the one I remember as being the first scholastic class champion. Tried to double check on the "on demand" site, but they only list the independant guards (and we didn't call it world class back then either :ph34r: !!!) I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong....

I looked at my latest through my WGI yearbooks and they state the Scholatic World Champions as:

1980 Holey

1981 Holley

1982 Marcus Whitman

1983 Canandaigua

1984 Center Grove

1985 Union HS

1986 Center Grove

....so on...

I don't recall them having two Scholastic Champions in 84 and 85, Marcus Whitman and Canandaigua had the option to move to the new Scholastic Class in '84, but chose to stay in Ind. World (ie open class back then!) where they had been competiting in since the start of WGI. CNS (Northmen) moved down in 84....

I could be wrong though,but I once asked an older member of the Whitman staff and they told me all this...: )

hey...you said Buff, I must know you!