Question about prelim schedules

Someone mentioned to me that the prelim performance schedule for SW was chosen randomly by computer. So I took a look at the schedule and I noticed Flanagan (ranked 4th) performing first after the break, then Trumbull (7th), Center Grove (5th), Leigh (11th), Shenendehowa (8th), Stoneman (9th), Arcadia (3rd), Miamisburg (10th), Avon (1st), Logan (2nd) and Choctawhatchee (6th). I know rankings prior to this week don't mean a whole lot. I also noticed that in each round of the SA prelims all of the guards that placed 1st through 5th performed at the end of their block. Is the schedule for SW really chosen randomly or what?

I have no idea how the time slots are chosen- I heard once that it has to do with when your application is in their hands. However, there are some schools who magically get the "best" time slots, no matter what. It will be interesting to see Pride of Cinci's prelim score - as they got the worst slot of their block. Not many can be the first out of the gate and nail the best score - if anyone can - they surely can.

Prelim times are determined by the following: At each regional, there is a pre-determined "block" score. That number increases each weekend throughout the course of the season. For the guards that "block" at a regional, they then appear randomly in the final prelim block at world championships. In IW, for example, Pride of Cincinnati (along with everyone who appeared after them) "blocked" at a regional. Therefore, those guards were placed by random draw in the last block of prelims. The balance of the units are then randomly assigned to the earlier prelim times. Hope that helps.