Webcast Reviews

visual0122

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved it!

Had a party, turned the basement into a theatre, projected it on the big screen, made lots of food. good times.

Why the hell spend your money and vacation time on Dayton, Ohio ever?

Because a broadcast experience can never be as thrilling as actually being there, experiencing the performances live and in-person? I'll always maintain that's true for both indoor guard and outdoor drum corps. Yes, the trip/tickets were expensive, and can be a bit of a pain sometimes. But I never could have had that feeling of being transported from a sports arena into another world -- as I was by Aimachi -- via a TV screen. And now I'll forever have that memory that I'll get to relive with the DVD.

I agree as I sat on my couch watching I so wished I was in the arena. But it was sure better than not seeing it at all.

Absolutely! If the option is to watch a webcast or video, or not at all, then certainly having that available is a wonderful option. But to say, "Why go to Dayton at all?" is, I think, missing the point of live performance. Even with the best video equipment, that energy just can't be captured.

Loved it!

Had a party, turned the basement into a theatre, projected it on the big screen, made lots of food. good times.

Why the hell spend your money and vacation time on Dayton, Ohio ever?

same here...borrowed a video projector from school and hooked it up to the computer and broadcast it on a blank wall in the living room with half a dozen guard friends.

Like Sue said, it can't capture the excitement, as I have seen Logan live and it was nearly as exciting on video, BUT, for those of us who can't go to Dayton, it was pretty great! I hope WGi does it again next year!

loved the webcast, but had to refresh constantly because the audio seemd to jump ahead of the video by @3-4 seconds. Happened about every other guard Friday night, a little more during open finals, then Saturday night seemed to get better (except for it happening during Fantasia). Well worth the money, and as much as we would have loved being there, we didn't miss the endless ritual of sitting behind "Mongo", some random 6'8" Pumpkinhead that blockes the view for the 17 rows behind him. Please Mongo, sit in the top row! :P

LOL, Pumpkinhead! Of course, people can't help how they're built, and not everyone can afford the priciest seats up top. So it's inevitable that you'll get a short person behind a tall person; seats aren't assigned by height and skull circumference. :P

We briefly had that experience Saturday night. The group sitting in front of us left for a while, leaving their seats empty. At some point, a couple came in and sat down right in front of us; these weren't their seats. I don't know if they had bad seats and were looking for something better, or they didn't have any seats at all (the arena was sold out). At any rate, I'm short and couldn't see around the gal sitting in front of me. And yes, it is very frustrating. Had that continued, I wouldn't have been a happy camper. But it lasted for only one guard performance, and then the group who had left came back to reclaim their seats, so the couple had to leave.

LOL, Pumpkinhead! Of course, people can't help how they're built, and not everyone can afford the priciest seats up top. So it's inevitable that you'll get a short person behind a tall person; seats aren't assigned by height and skull circumference. :P

We briefly had that experience Saturday night. The group sitting in front of us left for a while, leaving their seats empty. At some point, a couple came in and sat down right in front of us; these weren't their seats. I don't know if they had bad seats and were looking for something better, or they didn't have any seats at all (the arena was sold out). At any rate, I'm short and couldn't see around the gal sitting in front of me. And yes, it is very frustrating. Had that continued, I wouldn't have been a happy camper. But it lasted for only one guard performance, and then the group who had left came back to reclaim their seats, so the couple had to leave.