SHOULD There be A Tie Breaker in WGI?

Should There Be A Tie Breaker?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. You Know What To Do

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe?
    • I Don't Care

I've encountered WGI's tie-breaking system at Prelims. It's called a coin toss. And it sucks.

That doesn't determine placement though......just order or performance in Semi-finals. If there is a tie for the last spot in either Prelims or Semi's, they take both guards.

That doesn't determine placement though......just order or performance in Semi-finals. If there is a tie for the last spot in either Prelims or Semi's, they take both guards.

Yes, but the one who loses the coin-toss gets a worse(and in our case bad) semi's spot and the way the judges held the scores this year in A class means that no one in a wildcard spot could make it into finals.

Yeah, I'm rather bitter. But coming from the bad end of a tie-breaker I can say that I would dislike any tie-breaker for finals placement.

Yes, but the one who loses the coin-toss gets a worse(and in our case bad) semi's spot and the way the judges held the scores this year in A class means that no one in a wildcard spot could make it into finals.

Yeah, I'm rather bitter. But coming from the bad end of a tie-breaker I can say that I would dislike any tie-breaker for finals placement.

Hmmm........I'll have to go back and look at the way the rounds were done for Semi's. I definitely know of at least one guard director who felt like losing the toss gave them the "better" time slot.

Hmmm........I'll have to go back and look at the way the rounds were done for Semi's. I definitely know of at least one guard director who felt like losing the toss gave them the "better" time slot.

In losing the coin toss, we got a wildcard spot instead of a third place spot. The way the judges held the scores in semis, until after the wildcards had performed, virtually gaurenteed that we would not be able to work our way up.

Edited by Looks Like Liquid Purple