Airline Deals to and From Finals!

There are some great deals out there right now for travel to and from finals.

I got in on the cheap fares for the new airline Skybus that will begin flying out of Columbus next month. I bought three round trip tickets from Columbus to Burbank for a total of $40 each! While all of the $40 roundtrip tickets have been bought up, you still can get there and back from Columbus for on $120 round trip!

Southwest has also had some great deals into the LA area. We orginally booked our tickets into Ontario on Southwest and saved lots of bucks over other airports and other airlines.

You can save some bucks on other airlines by flying in and out of other LA airports beside LAX.

I've already got my tickets on Delta (can't remember how much). I've always wondered about airlines like Southwest or Airtran. I know they are cheaper.....but why? Is it service, seat types, plane quality???? I'm just curious!!! :beer::worthy:

The seat types on Southwest are comfortable; leather, cushioned, and for a tall person--the leg space is just fine for me. I rarely fly Southwest, but when I do, I never have any issues with service. My bags arrive on the same flight (or sometimes the flight before), and sometimes if you arrive earlier, they will put you on an earlier flight (I think most airlines do this) and will not charge you anything extra.

Now, they do board you by group letters. So "Group A" boards the plane first, then "Group B" and finally "Group C" for Center Seats Only hahaha! There are no assigned seats, so first come first serve within each group. If you fly Southwest, check in the night before ONLINE, so you can get "Group A" or "Group B". There is no "first class" or anything, but the service has been friendly in my experiences.

With all that said, I don't see much of a difference between Southwest and some of the other major airlines... It really depends on your "needs"--and for Southwest to have the prices they do, the quality and service doesn't seem to be sacrificed for anything--they'll go above and beyond for you.

Edited by Matthew

The seat types on Southwest are comfortable; leather, cushioned, and for a tall person--the leg space is just fine for me. I rarely fly Southwest, but when I do, I never have any issues with service. My bags arrive on the same flight (or sometimes the flight before), and sometimes if you arrive earlier, they will put you on an earlier flight (I think most airlines do this) and will not charge you anything extra.

Now, they do board you by letters. So "Group A" boards the plane first, then "Group B" and finally "Group C" for Center Seats Only! hahaha. If you fly Southwest, check in the night before ONLINE, so you can get "Group A" or "Group B". There is no "first class" or anything, but the service has been friendly in my experiences.

With all that said, I don't see much of a difference between Southwest and some of the other major airlines... It really depends on your "needs"--and for Southwest to have the prices they do, the quality and service doesn't seem to be sacrificed for anything--they'll go above and beyond for you.

And to add to this, the plane types are just like the other major airlines 737s.

A good friend of mine said that the alcohol is cheaper on Southwest--I am usually sleep when they come down the isle with beverages and snacks though.

I still prefer Alaska or United though--they have better frequent flyer and mileage programs, and how you can use your miles without the hidden flim flam business--I think that is where Southwest takes the backseat--easy to gain miles for free flights, but their rules and restrictions for them are kinda flim flam.

Edited by Matthew

I'd love to use Skybus...but they aren't in Texas.

Is Skybus.com something new? And do they fly out of Ft. Lauderdale to LAX?

Oh, I get it. You have to leave from Columbus and return to Columbus. Doesn't do me any good. Nice idea. They should expand.

Oh, I get it. You have to leave from Columbus and return to Columbus. Doesn't do me any good. Nice idea. They should expand.

I'm thinking they would probably have to raise prices to pay for the expansion. :worthy: